Confused with two X1's
    Tech Wizard

Default Confused with two X1's

So I've been looking at previous posts, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have two x1's, and I'm using two effect banks in traktor. What I would like to be able to do is activate both effects banks with each x1, but for whatever reason when I click FX2 on both x1's, nothing happens, and the perameters for FX2 on both X1's doesn't serve a purpose, doesn't control anything... Any ideas?

Tech Wizard

I'm starting to think my question was too vague? I'm hoping someone understands what I'm trying to do with the X1's, to me it seems pretty basic... Basically in Traktor I like to have 2 effect banks set as groups so I have 6 effects to choose from. Now normally what I would do is mix and match between all 6 effects. My problem with the X1 mapping I've got at the moment is that my left X1 controls decks A and C, the right X1 controls B and D.

The left X1 will only allow me to select FX bank 1, so only giving me access to three effects to use on decks A and C. And the right X1 only lets me use FX bank 2. I just can't activate the opposite effect bank. I'm also unable to use the FX knobs on the right hand side of the X1.

So basically what I want to be able to do is activate both FX banks 1 and 2 on each of the X1's, and control the effects using all of the corresponding FX knobs...
    Please tell me this makes sense to you, I dropped a question on DJtechtools this morning, something like 80 views with no one responding, and I've tried remapping it myself but can't seem to get the X1 to learn the midi message I want it to. This was never my strong point!

Does anyone know of a mapping that would do this for me? Or how I would map it myself so it does what I need?

Thanks guys.

Enable FX banks 3&4. The left X1 is trying to use 1&3 but unit 3 isn't active, and the same for unit 4 on the right X1.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I've tried enabling 3 and 4, I don't really like the functionality of the effects (the interface) when using 3 and 4 though. Is there no way to remap the X1's to get it moving the way I want?

You could remap the banks on each X1 by just going through and changing the FX bank assignment for each command in the mapping. Sort by assignment, find everything on the left X1 mapping that's assigned to unit 3 and change that to unit 2.

Problem is though, having 2 sets of absolute pots assigned to each FX unit means that you'll ALWAYS have physical knobs not matching up with the software. I'd suggest that if you really can't live with having units 3 & 4 activated, map one X1 to do units 1 & 2 and use the FX section of the other X1 for something else.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'd suggest that if you really can't live with having units 3 & 4 activated, map one X1 to do units 1 & 2 and use the FX section of the other X1 for something else.
    This is what I would do.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If you have a two channel mixer the top can be either mapped for sample decks or deck c and d eq.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774