DJ Name Drop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Name Drop

Default DJ Name Drop

so nearly every time i go to a decent rap showcase or other hip-hop function (and even at electronica/mashup/etc. concerts) the DJ has a sweet sample (in a rather enthusiastic but deep booming voice) of his own name that he'll drop once in a while, e.g. "DJ TECHNOLOGY!" or whatever

it almost always sounds like the same voice, and if you listen to hip hop mixtapes at all you know what i mean, usually cuz its really annoying to hear "MIXTRAP.COM!" or "THE EMPIRE!!!!!" every two seconds.

But i'm wondering if there's a certain way to get a custom drop made well, or what the best way is to do it myself. So if you actually know what I'm talking about, lemme know if you have any ideas

Tech Mentor

its all about the FX for these, any voice can be made into just about any sound or tone, post a sample of the voice sound you want and I'll see about how to make it.

there's a lot of custom drop services out there. from there you can tweak them. but i made mine that i used in my hip hop mixes that i made on my mic, turned the key down, and added a nice delay and it worked pretty well.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Granular synthesis with vocals is a hell of a lot of fun, but i doubt that's the sound your after

Edit: well maybe some pitch shifting which is very frequently used which is technically granular synthesis.

I don't listen to much of this music at all(and nor do quite a few other people here) if you could post an audio example that would help alot with us helping you to achieve that sound

try radiodaddy.com - Its a free forum that allows you to request voice actors to drop samples for you. People are pretty nice over there, just make sure you read the rules about about posting.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Just record your voice, drop the pitch, throw a touch of reverb on it and effect to taste. You can do this all in Traktor.

Hell, I'll copy my own voice, run one through a BP filter, one through a HP filter, reverb one and pitch shift another, play with the pan, and just play them all out of sync while beatmashing on one. Heh

It's kinda fun.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by JeRK View Post
    try radiodaddy.com - Its a free forum that allows you to request voice actors to drop samples for you. People are pretty nice over there, just make sure you read the rules about about posting.
    Wow that actually looks like a pretty good site. I'm almost scared to make a thread tho... too many rules! :eek:

Otherwise you can go on google and search for companies that will do vocal drops for you (for money, of course).
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

does anyone use an intro or outro with a voice talking? basicly to introduce yourself? i am thinking about making something like the intro of pendulum's blood sugar for my own purpose and drop that at the start of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_5zv...eature=related

anyone already made one on his own or uses a real cool sample that he can show, let me know!

Sorry to double post, but I registered with radiodaddy.com about an hour and a half ago, posted a request, and someone already did the vocal drop for me!

Highly recommended!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

here you go, this is the name guy that is used for dj name drops. $50.00 to make you own custom drop. I've been thinking about it for sometime now being that Im starting to play at clubs more, I want people to know who is in the mix...(sounds cheesy I know)

http://www.asoundimage.com/dj_drops.cfm
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast