NI Kontrol S2 + Pioneer DDJ-Ergo-V
    Tech Student

Default NI Kontrol S2 + Pioneer DDJ-Ergo-V

Hey!

I have a Pioneer DDJ-Ergo-V and have a friend with a Kontrol S2. I was wondering if it is possible by any means to have the 2 controllers connected, each of them assigned to 2 decks (ie S2 -> Decks A and B; Ergo -> Decks C and D) and the sound coming out of only one of the sound cards (S2, which is more reliable imo).

Is this possible at all?

Thank you for your help!

Tech Wizard

If you're up for mapping the controls I'm confident it could be done. I'm assuming you're talking about doing this in Traktor? If so it should be fine. You just need to go into the Controller Manager and map the MIDI controls. To use the S2 output, just go into Audio Setup and select that soundcard as your audio device.

Sounds like a fun idea. Keep us posted on how it plays out.

Tech Student

Thanks Jared!

Yes, it is with Traktor Pro 2.51. I'll get into it in the next couple of weeks and, if everything turns out well, I'll post a video of how it is working and possibly upload the mappings, if someone is interested!

BTW, anybody has any tips on the mapping that should done on the ERGO for decks c/d? should I just change the mapping i already have from a/b -> c/d or is there any other special attention that should be paid here? Sorry for the questions, kind of a noob here! (remove the "kind of" part)
    Last edited by RodFR; 08-30-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Tech Wizard

It should be fine to change the a&b decks to c&d.

why dont you just buy an x1 or k2 instead of the s2
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Student

Because it is something we want to try and we already have these controllers. It's just for when we are playing together!

Tech Mentor

so did this fun idea work?, I love the idea of two controllers on the one traktor. At a twice yearly big party at a friends with a HUGE garden we usually set up BOTH our laptops with the two going into a cheap 2 channel mixer so we can mix into and out of each other... this sounds like a fun alternative setup!

Tech Mentor

if one person uses an s2/4 set up, you should be able to run both things and then just switch the s2/s4 to c/d decks and have the other person use the normal traktor mapping