Can anybody recommend the xone:k2 or a similar product?
    Tech Mentor

Default Can anybody recommend the xone:k2 or a similar product?

Hey guys,

I searched the threads for k2 stuff and saw some stuff on it but its not super widespread like x1's and xone42's/92's etc. I'm wondering if there are people out there that love it (using it for traktor that is), and who could recommend it and maybe tell me what they use it for so I can decide if its right for me. I like the sound card prospect because I want to route ableton through a different sound card than traktor. I also like being able to just take the k2 and a laptop to mess around with mixing while still having precueing when I don't want to take anything else with me.

Thanks in advance.

edit: I dont really want an x1 much

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I love my k2. They work great for standalone mixing with a small footprint and they're very easy to map in multiple ways with the latching layers.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I love my k2. They work great for standalone mixing with a small footprint and they're very easy to map in multiple ways with the latching layers.
    thanks so much. I'm assuming you don't just use it for standalone mixing, so what role does it play in your set up?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was using two as a standalone setup. One for transport and one fore cues and FX. I've sold one and am getting a Z2. I haven't quite figured out what the one I have left will be dedicated to yet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I have one and was using it as a mixer with Traktor alongside my X1...but since I have added a DN-X1700, I don't really use the K2 much...I do want to find a home in my setup for it though...just not sure what that will be. You can't beat the flexibility of mapping it though...very versatile piece of kit.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Wizard

Normally don't log in, but I figured I could help out itt.

I have two K2's, they're mapped/in the process of being mapped to control four decks in Traktor. Though the soundcard is a nice benefit, being only 16bit hinders it from being a perfect solution and I still recommend a 24bit external for performances.

The button's and knobs feel great, as do the faders. A lot of users don't enjoy the idea behind the Layer system, but I'm trying to incorporate it into my repertoire and really think that it opens up a lot of doors... that being said you don't have to use it if you don't want to! I feel the price is worth it considering the different ways it can be utilized, and the case it high quality to boot.

If you've got the cash and don't want an X1 or similar alternative, the K2's really are sublime.