Club light recommendations
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Club light recommendations

Hi guys

I just took a visit to the new venue we're going to be at twice a month. It's more of a lounge and I want to take some time to make it feel like a club.

The best way for this place seems to be to wrap these decorative, non-weight-bearing poles they have with rope lights, or icicle lights, or something. I want them to be able to fade colors, but not RGB, more red and purple, or red, purple and blue... I guess green just bothers me for clubs or something... heh

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any brands they preferred, or a website they go through, anything. I've done a bit of digging and found some options, but I'm bringing it to you all first.

Thanks
    J
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

check out the american dj led light, they also has wash light (led) that are very dope and easy on the pocket book.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i cant help you im afraid. however i gotta say that green spots in a largely purple area look dope
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Get those big fat LED lights which change colour every now and then they look bad ass and really add colour to the place
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Par 32 LED Washes are just as good as spotties and weigh SFA if thats the look ur after. Cheaper than martins too. We use these 48 LED UV spotties at home. Great and cheap too ($80NZD)
    Last edited by Jester; 07-08-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Monika showed me this site : http://www.lighttape.com/

Quite interesting stuff !

That EL lighttape is an awesome idea
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

That tape might be what I'm looking for, though it will be taken up and down every event. Need to read the site before I judge.

And I don't want to use spotters. I only want strings or something like it. The spotters are just too risky for someone breaking/falling.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'm with ya.

I hit up the light tape site, and I might use it for my personal rig, but it won't work for the club. I might go with Rainbow Tubes from American DJ, as they have removable mounting strips, or I'll just go with the ropes, if I can find some that will change colors.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall