"cured traktor" to "original Traktor"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default "cured traktor" to "original Traktor"

Hi,
    I'm now using a "cured" version of traktor but now it's time to buy the original one but i'don't wanna loose the cue point and all the grids and settings of my collection.
    How can I proceed? thanks for your help.
    Fabrizio

speak to Native Instruments Tech. support
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

First up, I'm glad that your sick version of Traktor is now all better.

I think when you uninstall Traktor you'll be asked if you want to keep your library and settings. You can then install your bought n' paid for (healthy?) version and pick up where you left off.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Student

So, first I must uninstall Traktor and then install the right version? Are you sure? because I really don't wanna loose anything.
    Thanks 4 your answer

Aren't grids and cue points stored in the tags?

If you've had a pirated version of the software, buying the legitimate version will not magically upgrade everything in a legal version.

You MUST un-install the pirated version (say what you mean, it was an illegal version) because that one bypasses the service centre you need service centre running in order to register the legal version.

When everything is legal, you may (or may not) be able to recover all the settings created previously. Cue points "should" remain as they were, but that's the chance you take when using illegal software.

But seriously, you should think about re-analysing all the tracks (I guess they are stolen too ?) each version of TP2 has improved things, and on new builds I leave the laptop scanning for a few days updating all my songs.

we shouldn't even be having this discussion, and I guess one of the moderators will close this thread, directing you to speak to NI about it.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Good job on stepping up and buying the software.

This assumes all the file paths are default and you haven't changed anything. First thing is to do an export of all your Traktor settings using the big export button in preferences. Next back up the Traktor root folder at:

Windows: My Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor
    Mac OS X: Users/~/Native Instruments/Traktor

This will save your .nml which is all your playlist, the collection and history, your .tsi files which are any mappings you've created and your .log files which are created each time you open Traktor. If you have any recordings you want to back up do that at:

Windows: My Music\Traktor\Recordings
    Mac OS X: Users/~/Music/Traktor/Recordings

Traktor records in .wav so this may be a pretty big file. I would save them all as mp3's rather than keeping them in Traktor.

Install the legit version of Traktor and overwrite the root folder in the location above while Traktor is not running. Import your settings file you exported from the beginning. Restart twice and you should be good to go. Again, if you changed any file paths you may need to go back and point them to the correct locations.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I don't have a problem with this thread, others may have differing opinions.

The OP wants to go legit and rightly so, I think helping him out is fine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I don't have a problem with this thread, others may have differing opinions.

The OP wants to go legit and rightly so, I think helping him out is fine.
    Agreed
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You may not need to delete anything -- I'm pretty sure you can just install the new version alongside your "cured" version. Traktor 2.5 works fine on my system with 2.1.3 and 2.1 and 2.0.3 or whatever installed alongside it, why not your shady version too. You'll eventually want to get rid of it but it might help you go back and double check any settings you want to save. But you should be fine with the instructions above - export your settings and then import in the real version of Traktor.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast