Ableton (9) vs Ableton Suite (9) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

does anyone know if current owners of suite 8 are still going to get a better price than what shows under your account on able tons site?

Tech Mentor

That's what they promised. Haven't heard anything new about this, so I think all you can do is wait what they'll offer you once Live 9 is released...

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    That's what they promised. Haven't heard anything new about this, so I think all you can do is wait what they'll offer you once Live 9 is released...
    I hope its somewhat cheaper. I believe the price for 9 suite and puch was nearly 900. I think the upgrade for ableton alone is 300.

Quote Originally Posted by schwallman View Post
    I hope its somewhat cheaper. I believe the price for 9 suite and puch was nearly 900. I think the upgrade for ableton alone is 300.
    There's a LOT of bitching going on in the forum post that was linked earlier to Ableton's forums. I'm sure there will be SOMETHING for Live 8 Suite owners to upgrade to 9's suite + Push. Anyway I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I'm sure there will be SOMETHING for Live 8 Suite owners to upgrade to 9's suite + Push. Anyway I really hope so.
    +1
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I'm sure M4L is getting bundled free with Suite 9 is it not?

Even if you didn't own it before.

Quote Originally Posted by mcglitch View Post
    I'm sure M4L is getting bundled free with Suite 9 is it not?

Even if you didn't own it before.
    it is bundled now. im still hoping for a cheaper price on the upgrade. i do want push also. ive seen some sites saying feb 9th as a release date. hope so.

Tech Wizard

Why I think suite is worth it:

1.- Max for live provides tons of usefull stuff, midi effects, sequencers and functionality along controllers.
    2.- Operator is quite a good synth, also very low on CPU its integration when using instrument racks is also very usefull. Think of ableton native instruments anf fx as building blocks for more complex stuff.
    3.- The new libraries include a decent orchestra and a high quality sound design one for techno (the forge).

Now about maschine...I believe that maschine overlaps with drum racks in Live, and now with push you just get many of that kind of functionality inside live. For me Maschine while very good on other DAW's in Live it just add a layer of complexity that is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    Why I think suite is worth it:

1.- Max for live provides tons of usefull stuff, midi effects, sequencers and functionality along controllers.
    2.- Operator is quite a good synth, also very low on CPU its integration when using instrument racks is also very usefull. Think of ableton native instruments anf fx as building blocks for more complex stuff.
    3.- The new libraries include a decent orchestra and a high quality sound design one for techno (the forge).

Now about maschine...I believe that maschine overlaps with drum racks in Live, and now with push you just get many of that kind of functionality inside live. For me Maschine while very good on other DAW's in Live it just add a layer of complexity that is not needed.
    I'm with you on Max for Live - I'm a huge Max fan/nerd. I <3 Maschines though. Maschine's sampler is the one of the very best around (second only to Kontakt for me) and they might be the single best controllers on the market.

anyone think the guitar center date of 2-10-13 for Push shipping out sound wrong. I saw another site that said April 1st. Would be pretty sweet if it were next weekend,.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast