ASUS n56v USB 3.0 Traktor Problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey TEAELLE & beaubryte, thanks loads for your posts about USB 3.0 compatibility of the Asus N56VM and the Kontrol S2. I was in the process of buying the same laptop and heard about the issues with using the USB 3.0 ports. Like you TEAELLE I was a bit reticent to upgrade to Windows 8, but was ready and happy to take beaubryte's advice and upgrade anyway if it meant the difference between using and not using my S2.

Anyway, to cut a long story short... what I wanted to say was that just before upgrading to Windows 8 I thought I would see if upgrading the USB 3.0 drivers within Windows 7 would update them to the same version as would have been used in the Windows 8 upgrade. So under Device Manager I updated the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver; from a March 2012 to the latest Oct 2012 version. So far so good, my S2 and also my F1 unit both seem to be working and performing outstandingly plugged into the USB 3.0 ports... well for now at least, I guess they could become unstable at some point, but fingers crossed for now.

Thanks again guys for the discussion thread as it shed some much needed light on the USB 3.0 compatibility issue

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Right On. I still use this system everyday, with Windows 8 and it runs great.

Default Numark Mixtrack Pro Not Recongized on Asus N56V Laptop

Hi all. I've been having problems with my Asus N56V laptop (running Windows 8 with all usb 3.0 ports) connecting to my Mixtrack Pro controller. For some reason, any DJ software I use refuses to recognize my Mixtrack Pro. When I plug in the controller the buttons light up, but the hardware is nowhere to be found in the DJ programs. I have tried using the Serato software that came with the controller as well as Virtual DJ Pro and other programs. Nothing works. I have tried updating the driver via the device manager but it says there is no driver available. I can't seem to locate any special Windows 8 driver for the MTP online. This is very frustrating as I cannot DJ until this issue is resolved, so any assistance is appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12