I NEED OPINIONS!!! Traktor kontrol S4 vs the new pioneer DDJ-SX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Bears'N'Backpacks View Post
    The s4 is amazing. Everyone loves it for a reason. Do yourself a favor and pick the s4!
    Can you expand on that more, what can the S4 do that the T1 can't, i know it has better job wheels. They look like they can do pretty much the same thing. What makes the s4 so amazing?

The job wheels are great
    SC | MC

Three year old technology vs new technology. Can't really put them up against each other.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Student

FINALLY!!! its not much, but its somthing!!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    Three year old technology vs new technology. Can't really put them up against each other.
    Care to expand upon that statement? Both manipulate current, up to date software which allow you to play exactly the same audio files, so what you've said makes no sense. If you are refering to the mechanical interface, then there is an element for debate I agree, although the end result is the same.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Care to expand upon that statement? Both manipulate current, up to date software which allow you to play exactly the same audio files, so what you've said makes no sense. If you are refering to the mechanical interface, then there is an element for debate I agree, although the end result is the same.
    Only referring to the hardware. It wasn't Traktor Vs Serato he was asking. The new technology has better ways to manipulate both softwares. This thread IMO is like a Iphone 2 vs Iphone5, which is better?
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Why not just spend the extra money and get the newest product. Its not like the S4 has an awesome track record.

Tech Mentor

My order is ready for pickup (DDJ SX), and I only have few concerns that I can't wait to test out.

1) Jog integration with the software - I hope it is damn tight as the S2/S4 is with Traktor.
    2) The static technology used for the jog - hope it isn't crap if your hands are moist in the slightest - I sweat like a mofo sometimes.
    3) The software does not completely suck.

Other than that (for the most part) I think I am prepared for what Pioneer has created. If I don't like it, I will sell it

Quote Originally Posted by NewManSoon View Post
    My order is ready for pickup (DDJ SX), and I only have few concerns that I can't wait to test out.

1) Jog integration with the software - I hope it is damn tight as the S2/S4 is with Traktor.
    2) The static technology used for the jog - hope it isn't crap if your hands are moist in the slightest - I sweat like a mofo sometimes.
    3) The software does not completely suck.

Other than that (for the most part) I think I am prepared for what Pioneer has created. If I don't like it, I will sell it
    1: It won't be - the S2/S4 use a different system to talk to Traktor.
    2: Dirty boy...
    3: I think the new Serato software looks very good, I liked Itch and it just seems a big improvement
    SC | MC

Good choice. The 3 guys I know who have bought s4's have all broken them or had to have em sent back for repair.

Fingers crossed the SX holds up for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast