Mixed In Key 5.5 beta - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I'm kinda curious to see how accurate it is for me. I currently rate the energy level of all my music based on the star rating. So just 1-5 stars. Being that its actually rating anywhere from 1-10 is interesting.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by O.D. View Post
    I'm kinda curious to see how accurate it is for me. I currently rate the energy level of all my music based on the star rating. So just 1-5 stars. Being that its actually rating anywhere from 1-10 is interesting.
    I do the same. Funny thing a while back there was a blog post from Ean about using this method to determine energy leves of your songs. Now a software says it can do it and some say it's stupid. I think it's great. If it gets it right half the time, I just save myself some time when sorting tracks and prepping crates. I'm still using version 4. Gonna try to update it when I get home today.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's a guide, that's all. Sure you can set the number yourself and it will be correct, but having software that does it for you is nice if it actually works. I have noticed that it's a little higher across the board than I am, but as long as it's consistent I have no problem with that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just re-analyzed my collection and nothing higher than an 8

would be interesting to see if anyone has a 9 or 10

I don't know if I like this. I'm all for knowing the key and the BPM of your tracks. Key and BPM ARE NOT subjective.

Energy level is subjective - what I consider a high energy track may not necessarily be what anyone else considers a high energy track.

This is a step in the wrong direction for anybody that is serious about DJ'ing. There are no shorts!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The problem is that this info is less useful if it crosses genres; I'm assuming deep and tech house for example will consistently come up as lower energy than electro house or ghettotech. And I'm assuming the ratings are based on the song, not dynamic depending on what's in your collection. I think it's a good idea but I have a hard time getting my head around how you could implement it usefully.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

instead of this useless feature, (because i kinda know whats in my collection) they should bring a software-update that fills in the missing fields in the tag information. I never found a software that automaticly updated artworks and didn't had less than 50 % wrong. there are some that cost a little but i already paid for MiK so that would be a deal.

PS: i brought the tracks, but even when you buy tracks from beatport, old tracks don't have the artwork included.

Gangnam style..... 10. just you watch.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Gangnam style..... 10. just you watch.
    This post is a 10!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Since Beatport started to publish the songs key and more recent Rekordbox which is free be able to detect the key I thought “who is going to pay for MIK once you can have your track’s key for free”. Well I think this is the answer or at least a tentative to keep their software relevant. I mean I probably wouldn't rely on this feature, but I can understand what they are trying to accomplish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast