Xone 42 - 2 phono, what interface? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Yeah, it's just an RCA cable.

XFX if I'm not wrong is just assigning the filter to the crossfader? I could be wrong of course...

Thanks, I'll pick up two RCA cables this weekend then in order to get the 2 extra Line channels working as Sample/Preview decks.

And no, the Filter to Crossfader is the 'VCF To Xfader' button. I'm talking about the tiny red button that says 'XFX to Filter'. It has something to do with an external digital send, I think. It's Greek to me.

"XFX to filter" just routes the return bus through the filter. In simpler terms : on = you can filter your fx return.

If you use the fx dry/wet, the returned audio does not go through your source channel(s) - it's somewhere away from them, before the master and so out of reach of your gain/eq/filter controls. that's why you need this switch.

(You can verify this by ie plugging an extra source to the xfx return, muting all the usual channels and d/w knobs set to dry and still have something register on the master : that's your return. Or you can also look at the schematic in the manual.)

Of course, this only makes sense if you use send/return effects.

(which I don't think work very well on the 42 due to the way dry/wet "steals" your source channel completely instead of duplicating it to the send like the two auxs do on the 92, have a close look at Loco Dice's recent video on the front page of DJTT for an illustration)
    Last edited by bumtsch; 12-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234