stick with 900s or get some 2000s
    Tech Wizard

Default stick with 900s or get some 2000s

Hello guys,

I have a pair of CDJ900s, which I have had for around 4 months. they replaced my 1000mk3s which I had for around 3 years.

I use them to mix CDs and the occasional USB thing. I got them new and to be honest, I am not impressed with the build quality and feel (in comparisson to my 1000's that I still use and have regular access to). The tempo control has loads of play in it around -0- and it takes ages to load CDs, and sometimes cuts out if you do a fast spin back (not that I do that sort of thing).

Anyway, I started looking on eBay at 2000s and you can pick a pair up for under 2k. I really don't need to get them as it would be for home use only, and they seem mega over kill for the home (none of the clubs I currently play even have them).

I also can't really afford them, but have planted a seed in my own head now and have a major urge to get em!

any advise/views welcome

By something that you will actually need with that cash, you've said it your self, you don't need them and you can't really afford them. People put up with shit a lot worse then 900s. I'm sure there's people out there on 100s/200s

Get a flashy new mixer, a set of 1200s... something you don't have something near top of the line already

Keep in mind the CDJ2000 Nexus will be out/is out soon

Tech Guru

Sorry that I'm sidetracking. Are you talking about US dollars? I dont see any sets of CDJ 2000's for anywhere near under $2000.

Tech Wizard

I have 1210s (my babies) and a new djm700 (which has lost build quality compared to my old djm600, the thing scratches itself!)

I don't really need anything, but just want the 2000s. I didn't know if there were any benefits to me getting them? My mixing is pretty basic, bit of looping and the occasional twist of the filter, that's it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Sorry that I'm sidetracking. Are you talking about US dollars? I dont see any sets of CDJ 2000's for anywhere near under $2000.
    Sorry mate, talking about £'s. But you guys seem to get cheaper stuff then us anyway. I was considering getting some shipped over

Quote Originally Posted by KevReason View Post
    I have 1210s (my babies) and a new djm700 (which has lost build quality compared to my old djm600, the thing scratches itself!)

I don't really need anything, but just want the 2000s. I didn't know if there were any benefits to me getting them? My mixing is pretty basic, bit of looping and the occasional twist of the filter, that's it.

You really really don't need them then. It'd honestly just be cosmetic imho. But hey if you gotta have 2000s....

Tech Guru

Buy some music with that money.

The screen are worth it if you are willing to pay. The amount of info on the screen makes it so easy to find tracks and everything.

Tech Wizard

I think, I'm going to stick with the 900's. The guy on ebay has just turned my offer down and all the others I've seen are far too much than I can afford. The more I think about it the more I think it is an impulse buy.

However....... , I now have another idea! I was thinking of getting an old single CDJ1000mk2 for some 3 deck action! You can pick them up really cheap now, although most of the ones I have seen have operating issues now.