Mapping DDJ SX to Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well Pioneer has promised a tsi so maybe they know how to get it to work and we take it from their tsi anyway the FX knobs do they have a center click? would be nice for the macro FX
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Convert

How is the response on the ddj-sx with this mapping? or rather, what is not working compared to how it functions on Serrato Dj ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJDEMAND View Post
    How is the response on the ddj-sx with this mapping? or rather, what is not working compared to how it functions on Serrato Dj ?
    The biggest difference is that the jog wheels will not be high-resolution. In other words, they will only be good for pitch bending / track searching.

Tech Convert

I'm not familiar with traktor but brought a Numark 4trak , I only had it about a week and don't Like how its setup, with Traktor. GC has a great deal on the pioneer ddj-SX so I may exchange for the ddj-SX but hoping there will eventually be a good mapping that will enable the jogs to function Correctly with Traktor. Do otherControllers typically function correctly with Tractor with the right mapping with their jogs ?

Response of Jogwheels at Traktor will never be the same as Serato DJ.
    If you really want to scratch professional with Traktor you have to buy a S4 or S2. Only these unit's can use the special NI Protocol.
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Mapping V. 3.0 is online !
    Now Jogwheel Lights work perfect
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

wow gonna try it out!

the pioneer forums people arent very helpful when i asked about a mapping, i kept on getting the notion that they dont wanna do it, i mean yeah i get the point, its built for serato, so they have these kinda attitude that they are entitled NOT TO support traktor mapping for the DDJ-SX or something

(link to the discussion here

just sayin

i mean the only reason i asked there is because on their 4 minute advertisement video of the DDJ-SX the pioneer guy specifically said that there will be a TSI for traktor, was just asking if we can get an update or something ya know? lol
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by viper9711 View Post
    Mapping V. 3.0 is online !
    Now Jogwheel Lights work perfect
    Now that's good news to wake up to now I only need to get the dam SX. I've downloaded all 3 versions just hope to don't get to version 4 before the SX is here
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Do not worry folks, the jog wheels are excellent. For professional scratching they are not so suitable. This is not because of the jog wheels but on non support of the NI protocol.

@DJZILCH
    We donīt need Pioneer Mapping Support- we make by ourself
    Pioneer REV 7, Serato

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast