Mixer Suggestion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mixer Suggestion

Hi All,

I'm about to pick myself up a pair of Denon SC2900's, and would like suggestions on a mixer to go with them. I'm a mobile DJ, so I don't really see the need for 4 channels, but 3 would be good as I would also like to plug in an MP3 player as a backup.

The main thing that I would like would be at least 1 mic input (preferably 2) with EQ controls (Hi/low would be fine, Hi/Mid/Low better)

Doesn't have to have a built in soundcard, but once again would be nice (I have an audio 2 if I ever wanted to use it with traktor etc.)

I've looked at the Denon X600, and the Numark X5, sp far I'm leaning towards the X600, as I also have a set of turntables and using this I could use traktor scratch (I don't use them very often, only because it's a pain in the ass to set everything up with VDJ and my MC600, but I would like to use them more!)

Both seem suitable though, just wondered if anybody else had any other suggestions?
    Last edited by robdquick; 11-02-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

The Behringer DDM4000 is fantastic for it's price.

It also has mic input with Low/Mid/High EQ

The DJM-250 just hit like $230 on Amazon, and it really the gold standard for "affordable mixer." The mic section is a bit basic, however, so you might want to see if it's enough for your mobile setup needs. Other than that, you really can't get anything better for less than about $900, let alone it's price bracket.

the denon dnx1100 would get you your 4 channels & 2 mic channels you talk about for a £100 less than the dnx600 and also has a cool matrix style input selection tool making changes to setup much easier... or something like the ecler nuo 4.0 also has two mic channels for a similar price point. both of those and the numark x5 are rated amongst the best for the price category you're looking at...

Tech Convert

pioneer djm 250 or allen & heath xone 22 are nice

as a very recent convert to Ecler maybe try the Nuo 2.0 or the 3.0 (both can kind handle three chanels, though the 3.0 is more dedicated with the extra fader channel) ?

Also if you're in the UK, Dawsons have a few of the DJM 250s back in stock (at just £179 !!)
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

buy a cheap 2 channel mixer from radio shack if you don't need all the bells, whistles, channels...

If you can find one a Mackie D.2 is amazing. you can get them on ebay now for around $150...I traded mine for a vestax 07pro, regretting it a little now
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

I've always been a fan of the Rane Empath. Particularly the rotary version.

Tech Mentor

Why not use the MC-6000?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast