Custom Controller - Share your imaginative designs!
    Tech Wizard

Default Custom Controller - Share your imaginative designs!

I build many things, but one thing I am most passionate about is custom controllers. Here are some of the older controllers I built.

My current thesis focuses on creating a web-based framework which enables people to design and build custom DIY controllers as easily as possible. The project emphasizes accessibility, customization, affordability, and open-source.

Just curious what kinds of controllers you guys would like to use that are not commercially available. I encourage you to think beyond conventions, and most importantly, imagine how this controller will suit a specific purpose and enable for a more effective and expressive performance.

If you are interested in collaborating on the project find me at fuzzywobble[DOT]com
    Attached Images Attached Images

At now, I'm more into production than DJing.
    The controller I've always dreamed of would look similar to an analogue mixing console (10-20 endless encoders and one main volume fader and maybe a second multi-purpose-fader per channel. Then let's say 30 channels) but then only be midi-controller to control the DAW. I know there are some concepts commercially available but most of them don't fit my wishes or simply are highly unaffordable.
    I think one day I will have to build something like that myself.

Also, I miss something like the former UC33 on the controller market. A controller containing 8 (best would be motorized) faders and 8 times 4 (or more ) encoders to give you physical access to 8 (or more) channels in Ableton Live.

Your DIY controllers look really good! I just wondered why you didn't give them more controls like commercial products have instead of less. But I guess, this is only the beginning for bigger projects
    Last edited by RockingClub; 11-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockingClub View Post
    Also, I miss something like the former UC33 on the controller market. A controller containing 8 (best would be motorized) faders and 8 times 4 (or more ) encoders to give you physical access to 8 (or more) channels in Ableton Live.
    THIS!!! Have them be configurable to use MCU instead of MIDI for the faders so you get finer resolution inside DAWs.

Tech Guru

Putting an X1 or two dicers into a djm-909....will be done eventually but need monies

Basically what the djm-t1 should have been

Tech Student

That's great. Why don't you start a Kickstarter project?

Tech Wizard

very soon, yes!