"Not Assignable" message when attempting to map my controller

Default "Not Assignable" message when attempting to map my controller

10-8-2013: Stewe, thank you for the response. For some reason none of my responses to you are being appoved and posted. As a new member of this forum what do I have to do to get my posts approved automatically? This is very frusterating as someone tries to help me (Stewe) and non of my responses get posted. HELP.

My original post--->
    Hello Master Mappers

I Own a DDJ-T1 and am attempting to map the Jog Wheels to the effects. I actually have a handle on how to do that part... the problem is when I attempt to effect the jog wheels my controller via mappings whatsoever, traktor tells me that the jog whell is 'not assignable' (for example if I attempt to LEARN a command to the "jog wheel push").

Any ideas why this happens and is this issue with the T1? I know I could map this in midi mode, but then i'd need a completely new t1 mapping ALL in midi mode already OR i'd have to do all that work myself... no thanks.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
    Last edited by drizden; 10-08-2013 at 08:26 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey drizden,

I've been helping out mapping this controller in Traktor few times in this forum and that issue was always present for some reason. Does jog wheel send any MIDI to Traktor?

To test, simply move the jog and look if little blue dot appears in master section of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey drizden,

I've been helping out mapping this controller in Traktor few times in this forum and that issue was always present for some reason. Does jog wheel send any MIDI to Traktor?

To test, simply move the jog and look if little blue dot appears in master section of the screen.
    Hi Stewe, sorry for the delayed response. Yes, the light flashes when i move the jog wheel.