retina macbooks- 13" or 15"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My core duo 2,66 Ghz is not enough to run Maschine. I may need to reinstall or replace it. I have maybe 10 sounds and 20 effects total on the sounds, master and group and it starts to stutter. I assumed it was kinda normal to tune every sound with one or two effects to give it that spunk. But it's a crappy Vista install anyway. Kinda sucks to dive into making music and running into a problem after 3 nights of practice.

But hey, no place to whine here, I am hijacking somebodies thread. Go on and talk about macs.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Personally i would just go with either the 2.7ghz 13 inch or the base 15inch. The base quadcore should be over kill for most things. I'm planning on getting a base model 13 inch. The thing about the retina display models are they're a pain to upgrade, you cant have dual hard drive either. The base 13 should be enough as long as you drop in some more ram. Personally I plan on dropping in a 120gb SSD 16gbs of ram and a 500gb HHD for storage
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12