The curse of playing live? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Never mind, they just kicked in. What should my average temps and Fan RPM's be at?

Tech Convert

Get a program called Fan Control, google it. If it works for whatever you are running in your powerbook (dunno what OS versions its compatible with) you can override the fan settings and crank them up, will help with your cooling issues to some extent. The best thing would be to find where the vents are, and make sure they aren't being blocked, I know my user manual for my macbook said not to use it on soft surfaces such as pillows as it may cover the vents. I've never used a powerbook, but it might just be that whatever surface you are on is causing vent blockage. That or all the other power related things other people mentioned.

On my old white core duo macbook I had overheating issues after i had it's logic board (motherboard) replaced under warranty. Needless to say it was a random issue and almost impossible to replicate at the apple store. That said, working as a pc tech at the time i decided to look into the issue myself and checked out the temps. It spiked well over 105c and upon disassembly I noticed heatsink compound spewing over the heatsink onto the motherboard. Soon I discovered Apple's Service manual had this image on how to properly apply heatsink compound.

All of us in the office laughed, and they made fun of me for owning a mac as usual. Apple is a downright shotty company; and i would hate to work for em; what's even funnier, i now own a mbp...

btw, at least im typing this on my asus notebook. at least the apple gods won't spite me down.
    3x sl-1200s, Rane Empath, KP3, Ineko, Serato SL1, TS-Pro, RP10s sub, Event TR8 monitors, Xiosynth, Nano Pad & Kontrol, VCI-100 1.3 djtt, 3x M44g, DT-770, Rp-DJ1200, 13" MBP 4GB 2.26 128GB Corsair P128 Solid State Drive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123