Huge beef with the CNTRL tour.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Huge beef with the CNTRL tour.

So I am pretty cheesed at the organizers of the CNTRL tour, at least the Toronto stop. I saw on their facebook page that the seminar is limited capacity, and you have to email "embrace" and be picked to get a seat in the lecture and they want you to be a current student and let them know where you attend (which i am, YorkU, but my brother is a graduate). Further, Ryerson University students are getting priority seating and other people have to hope for seats to be available. I bought these tickets more so for the seminar then the after party, and this news is very disappointing to me. Either find a large enough venue, or only sell as many tickets as seats you can provide. Im sorry if this is an emotional rant, but this is disappointing news to me. Have any other stops incurred this problem?
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Somebody on the DJTT chatroom was saying there was no info what so ever for the university of michigan stop.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Guru

seems like you bought tickets to the afterparty, in NYC they had specific tickets just for afterparty and specific tickets just for the seminar even though the seminar was cancelled due to power problems because of the hurricane. And the seminar tickets were free
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    seems like you bought tickets to the afterparty, in NYC they had specific tickets just for afterparty and specific tickets just for the seminar even though the seminar was cancelled due to power problems because of the hurricane. And the seminar tickets were free
    as far as I can tell from the digging I have done, there is only one type of ticket that can be bought for Toronto. And the way they are marketing it and promoting seems more like it is one big day long event. The lecture should be the heart of this tour with the after party being a bonus for us to see what these guys do with the technology and an opportunity for us who support them to meet and mingle with one another. Just a little bit frustrating.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    as far as I can tell from the digging I have done, there is only one type of ticket that can be bought for Toronto. And the way they are marketing it and promoting seems more like it is one big day long event. The lecture should be the heart of this tour with the after party being a bonus for us to see what these guys do with the technology and an opportunity for us who support them to meet and mingle with one another. Just a little bit frustrating.
    I agree I wish I could attend the lecture unfortunately it was cancelled and for me I always wanted to see them speaking in person and showing how they do things because all of them have their unique way of incorporating technology richie is always innovating his setup dice keeps a more traditional setup but still runs some cool stuff ean with the midifighters and always doing something new with controllerism its deff a good concept just wish they made some extra room for everyone. They should've done 3 types of tickets for the seminar. 1) that colleges students 2) other college students 3) general public
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Mentor

I've read a few posts about people being disappointed that only students can get into each of the CNTRL lectures. Unfortunately the rooms we are using at many of the colleges are not always big enough to accommodate everyone so the faculties have requested that students have guaranteed access (which makes sense). CNTRL is a new concept for us, our promoters and the colleges and we are all learning as we go along. Thanks for everyone's understanding and we hope to have more access for everyone in the future! Either way I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone over the next 20 days whether that's at the college or Cub (or both)!
    This was taken from his FB page on October 27th

This should have been made clear to people prior to purchasing tickets, or even in the promotional material. I took it as my ticket would get me into both parts of the event. I may be acting somewhat irrational, but i feel somewhat ripped off. I think they should take the blame off of the faculties and say straight up that they screwed up by not picking a venue large enough to host the lecture. Surely in Toronto there are man venues that could hold a couple thousand people to hold this event. Even at Ryerson, have a couple lecture halls open, and allow the artists to rotate from room to room. I understand the implications of the Q and A portion, but none the less people would be able to take part in the vast majority of the seminar.

This should have been made clear to people prior to purchasing tickets, or even in the promotional material. I took it as my ticket would get me into both parts of the event. I may be acting somewhat irrational, but i feel somewhat ripped off. I think they should take the blame off of the faculties and say straight up that they screwed up by not picking a venue large enough to host the lecture. Surely in Toronto there are man venues that could hold a couple thousand people to hold this event. Even at Ryerson, have a couple lecture halls open, and allow the artists to rotate from room to room. I understand the implications of the Q and A portion, but none the less people would be able to take part in the vast majority of the seminar.
    Too me this isn't irrational at all. When they announced this tour the seminar was the main aspect I would want to go see..

Pretty much false advertising too a T.

I don't understand? Why didn't they have multiple sessions? One day for students, one for public. Thats just silly not to do that.

Tech Mentor

The tickets clearly state that it is for the after party at the hoxton. I know where you are coming from, but when they announced it they said they would have two separate events in each city of the tour. What sucks tho is that the event is only running from 10-2am in toronto, 4 djs = 1hour each which sucks ballz!
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast