dj gig craiglist?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default dj gig craiglist?

I saw this on craigslist, and I am kind interested but dont know anything about promoting your own event

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/evg/3384367299.html

PS. is craigslist really a good way to get gigs? and If you are form ATL where else is a good place to look for gigs?

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    and If you are form ATL where else is a good place to look for gigs?
    What type of music do you play, i assume dubstep/techno/house. A good club for that is the Quad.

I've attempted to contact a few Clist gigs here in Chicago. Two out of three have turned out to be total scams. Asking me if I could help fund the party and provide my credit card info. LOL. One worked out well but was busted shortly after I finished my set. Never got paid. I am just sticking to the radio and parties with the Burners.

Tech Mentor

Sounds like he just wants a free DJ. But hey, if you're just starting out and want a place to play it might not be a bad idea.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    What type of music do you play, i assume dubstep/techno/house. A good club for that is the Quad.
    Ive been trying to play at Quad for a long time, but they got like 10 resident djs or something. PLus it seem snow its more like bass type music with very little of anything else.

Tech Guru

I know of places to try but it seems like you have to have more than just being good or decent at djing. Ill contact them and see what they say

I've gotten a number of good gigs from CL you just have to be smart about what you choose to take on.

Tech Student

I saw a lot like that from craigslist. I think it is okay to place ads there for gigs as well as a personal blog perhaps.

Cold calling and "applying" for gigs is hard. The best way to get gigs is to meet people in the scene and talk shop with the DJs. Eventually they'll need you to fill in for an event and that's when you can show off yer skills.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spencer4hire View Post
    Cold calling and "applying" for gigs is hard. The best way to get gigs is to meet people in the scene and talk shop with the DJs. Eventually they'll need you to fill in for an event and that's when you can show off yer skills.
    I see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast