Midicontrollers if you already own a good mixer

Default Midicontrollers if you already own a good mixer

Here is the deal, next year I will start spinning in clubs for some student parties with over 600 people.
    Till now i've been mixing at home, doing it only with alot of hotkeys on the keyboard and I get pretty good mixes. But I dont want to be standing there in the clubs just behind a computer like a computer geek.
    So I've ordered a djm 800 since most of the time I use 2 tracks and adding acapella's etc and a Edirol FA-66 audio interface soundcard.

But I will also need a good midi controller controlling my tracks etc. So is the vci-100 still handy since I already got a mixer or do you guys recommend me something else.

Tech Mentor

m audio finger trigger or better for me i the akai mpd24
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 07-18-2008 at 07:28 PM.

The M Audio Trigger finger is nice, the MPD24 by Akai has better build quality, but lacks the option of switching between relative and absolute mode.

You could also look for alternatives like the Faderfox, EKS XP5.
    Next to the fact that you like to have an additional MIDI controller, you might want to look at the fact if you want a big controller, like the BCR2000 and the likes, or a small one like the Faderfox, or the Xone 1d.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Khm, DJM800 is midi controller.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Mentor

yea but i think he want a midi controllors to set cue points.play and pause music and turn on and off effects.....mmmmm like just a midi contoller to navigate (with buttons)

Tech Guru

Default Mpd32

I have been using the MPD32 to play out everyweek. This plus Ableton Live = House heaven.