custom arcade controller video!
    Tech Wizard

Default custom arcade controller video!

loads of people were asking me for a video showing how i use my diy midi controller, and i wasn't sure if people would still check that thread so heres a link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E00poQpUj4

to read about it, check out my blog, where theres a post on this and on some other stuff as well including how i made the controller!

http://web.me.com/boilerooo/site/Blog/Blog.html

cheers guys, let me hear any thoughts!

Nice work man wish i had one of those!
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

very impressive do you even you all those scenes you have? if i understand right you switch a selector and have 12 different functions on the controller? i see so much switches there
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Wizard

There's 16 arcade buttons and 12 knobs per 'bank' and there are 4 switches to select the bank (plus no switches closed makes 5 banks. In theory you could combine any 2 of the switches for loads if banks but don't really to! Hope that's bit clearer! Keep the questions coming! Also I'd like to know what you would map to all the buttons

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by EnGramiK View Post
    Nice work man wish i had one of those!
    Make one! If you know what your doing it'll cost less than £100 and about a week! Can't reccomend it enough!

Quote Originally Posted by boileroo View Post
    There's 16 arcade buttons and 12 knobs per 'bank' and there are 4 switches to select the bank (plus no switches closed makes 5 banks. In theory you could combine any 2 of the switches for loads if banks but don't really to! Hope that's bit clearer! Keep the questions coming! Also I'd like to know what you would map to all the buttons
    i think your approach of deviding it to get a half per deck is right.

its hard to choose what works best for one, so i dont know what i would let traktor do with it, as i have vdj and am not settled in TP.

I use a nanopad, and got it set up quite similar. 1 bank for basic controls like play,stop etc. 1 bank for effects, one for the sampler and one for video-effekts. Everything devided for the two decks.

i will think about possibilities that your controller offers, if i have a mindbreaking idea i will let you know peace
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Thats pretty tight. Looks like you are only using about 1/3 of its functionality so far too. Plenty of room to grow with that and the vci together.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Wizard

Yeh definately. I'm only using 3 of a possible loads of banks and I'm yet to map any knobs so plenty of room to grow! Hence why I'm open to any ideas!

That thing turned out great.