Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Tech Guru MWagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    541

    Default Livid Instruments Alias 8

    alias_8_flat.jpgalias_8_front.jpgalias_8_side_02.jpgalias8_back.jpg

    Features

    • 8 - 30mm faders
    • 1 - 60mm fader
    • 16 - rotary potentiometers
    • 16 - RGB LED backlit buttons
    • 1- push-button detented encoder
    • 2 analog expansion ports for Livid XPC and DIY controllers (up to 16 additional analog controls)
    • 15 banks of control on separate MIDI channels
    • Character display
    • USB powered class-compliant MIDI

    List price is $299
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia.
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Daw controller? Ableton controller?
    Cant really see use for it from a DJ point of view.
    I couldn't hit those buttons in a dark club after 3 pints no matter what I'll do.

  3. #3
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIDI
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanaema78 View Post
    Cant really see use for it from a DJ point of view.
    With right mapping this could be powerful unit for Traktor effects so it is actually a DJ friendly controller.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru MWagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    With right mapping this could be powerful unit for Traktor effects so it is actually a DJ friendly controller.
    yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

  5. #5
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    714

    Default

    hmmm, wonder what the width is....i've been trying to figure out a controller to accompany a 2 channel mixer. I could see this being set above the mixer on a stand with fx units, hotcues and samples but damn thats expensive when their are so many other substitutes....I'll probably just stick with my maschine for now.

  6. #6
    Tech Guru djproben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    With right mapping this could be powerful unit for Traktor effects so it is actually a DJ friendly controller.
    powerful yes but far from intuitive; for Traktor effects it's hard to beat the simplicity of the layout of two X1s. Having four knobs in a row with four buttons associated with them and then more buttons for turning FX units on and off integrates perfectly with the software. It's doable with this but it would be tricky; you have to remember which button goes with which knob a lot better, and of course you have two columns for each FX unit which could get confusing. Someone should make a single unit that controls all four FX units like this (like the Faderfox FX3 but bigger and more useable, with a few more buttons).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

  7. #7
    Tech Guru Nicky H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Uugh, they've gone plastic....


  8. #8
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    MIDI
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    powerful yes but far from intuitive; for Traktor effects it's hard to beat the simplicity of the layout of two X1s. Having four knobs in a row with four buttons associated with them and then more buttons for turning FX units on and off integrates perfectly with the software. It's doable with this but it would be tricky; you have to remember which button goes with which knob a lot better, and of course you have two columns for each FX unit which could get confusing. Someone should make a single unit that controls all four FX units like this (like the Faderfox FX3 but bigger and more useable, with a few more buttons).
    I agree with you on X1, it is simple and build for that purpose (basic FX control). I was talking about mapping for advanced users that know their way around without getting lost in bunch of pre-mapped combinations of effects such as build-break-sweep groupings, ploop-steper, supercombos, real super knobs/faders, macro FX mode, etc. Of course, I could create map with 16 page selector for X1 and put all this features in but here you got bigger amount of controls and firmware that use seperate MIDI channels to handle all of this more easily without need create modifier grid.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru MWagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Uugh, they've gone plastic....

    it's made of aluminum
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

  10. #10
    Tech Guru Nicky H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    it's made of aluminum
    Ahh cool, looks plastic in those pics, I should know better from Livid..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •