Recording my mix in Traktor Pro 2...please help!!!!
    Tech Student

Default Recording my mix in Traktor Pro 2...please help!!!!

Hey people I'm trying to record my mixes within Traktor. Set up: 2-cdj900's & Djm800 mixer. Macbook pro w/ Traktor pro 2. 2 m-audio studiophile monitors.

I can record my mixes and the sound is great but I can hear the queing up of each track during playback. Its frustrating as hell. I've asked people and no one can seem to help. In preferences my mix recorder is set to internal. My Audio setup is set to Aggregate device. I'm not a seasoned pro or anything like that but I want to record clean sounding mixes and get them posted on-line. I probably need someone to walk me thru the set up preferences cause i'm sure it's an easy fix. Help from anyone would be appriciated. If you need more info on my set up let me know.

You need to run this cable...

From this output on your DJM...

To an input on your laptop...

Then download this...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Press this...

Probably won't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

you can also plug the output of your mixer to a cheap recorder like a tascam dr-07 or an m-audio

Quote Originally Posted by dj calkutta View Post
    why set his mix recorder to internal if he is using a an external mixer.?,or is it a cdj thing?....im a bit confused.
    You go from the rec out of the DJM800 to an input on your computer. Traktor should be set to external mixer as the DJM isn't a midi controller and therefore wouldn't affect any of Traktor's internal midi controls. I.e. EQ, faders etc.

Although it DOES have a midi out...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl