Firewire 9 Pin male to Usb 2 Type B male - cable

Default Firewire 9 Pin male to Usb 2 Type B male - cable

is this even possible? does anyone know if so, where i could buy something like this? tried google. couldn´t find an answer.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

As a cable, no

Unfortunately they use completely different standards of communication. USB uses a 'Master-Slave' style of communication, where the computer (Or Mobile device, whatever you've got connected to your peripheral) controls the data throughput, and adds a large overhead/latency to the signal.

Firewire is Peer-to-Peer based, where either device can control the data input, and has significantly lower latency. This is also why you find Firewire on most expensive sound desks and cameras. Unfortunately it can't just be straight converted over a cable, the signal would have to be significantly changed. (Also the minor issue that USB is 4 wires, Firewire 800 is 9)

I don't know what kind of computer you're running, but you do have a few options.

If you're on one of the newer macs, you can grab a Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adaptor.
    http://store.apple.com/au/product/MD...rewire-adapter

If it's for a Desktop, you could grab a PCI card for your computer, they're generally like 30 bucks.
    http://www.google.com.au/products/ca...ed=0CB8Q8wIwAQ
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

thanks for your reply. i´m running a late 2010 mac and was thinking about, if it would be possible to to somehow connect a usb device to the firewire-port. since i´m getting sick of carrying around that usb hub. guess it won´t work out that way
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.