TouchOSC issue...not what you think
    Tech Guru

Default TouchOSC issue...not what you think

Ok, so i've started using TouchOSC on an iPad, as i wanted an extra controller for sample decks etc to go alongside my Xone 1d without needing to use a USB hub...

I have got it to work surprisingly well and easily but via a wireless router. I can't seem to get the iPad to connect to my macbook when i create an ad-hoc network. I think its maybe to do with my Sharing prefs as i turned everything off when staying at a hotel recently as i could see and access everyone elses computer who was using the hotels wifi. Anyone any ideas?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

set up macbook as adhoc (call it what you want)

once on go to sharing,and on the left check the box "internet sharing"

now connect the ipad to the macbook and bob should be your uncle

Tech Guru

i've tried that, the ipad prefs show that its connected, although theres no wifi icon on the top of the screen...very strange. i know it works via a wifi router
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

i had this problem on my ipad,and i am sure this is what fixed it,as the wifi icon can take like a min to show up.

try forgetting the network on the ipad turn it off and back on,make sure no apps are open and then try again with what i set,and check the firewire and Ethernet ports in the sharing too

Tech Guru

Actually, it worked when i did it that way round, before hand i was setting the sharing before creating the network. Excellent latency is way better, cheers dude!

no worries mate.