Need advice on new set-up
    Tech Mentor

Default Need advice on new set-up

First a little background on my gear now. I have a Kontrol S2 & X1 that I have been using since Feb 2012. This is a great set-up but now I am starting to do gigs such as events, parties and weddings and feel I need to change my set-up to a mixer and cdj's. The reason I feel this is way is because #1 if my laptop crashes during a gig I have NO back up and #2 if someone was there to sing or perform at a wedding I have no way of playing there CD or if someone in the crowd wanted me to play a song that I did not have but had a CD I have no way of playing that.

I have been looking at the Denon DN-X600 mixer and Stanton CMP.800 cdj's. I think this would be an ideal set-up since the Stanton cdj's can play CD, USB and are midi. The Denon is also midi with a built in soundcard. I would use the Stanton cdj's to control Traktor along with my X1 and use the Denon to mix external. As a backup if my laptop crashed then I could switch to using music backed up on thumb drives on the Stanton cdj's going to the mixer. I would really like to learn to DJ without using a laptop and only use the cdj's and mixer to improve on my skills.

I am looking for a set-up that will not break the bank and this should come in around $1500. If I could afford Pioneer cdj-850's I would def go for them but I can get two Stanton's for the price of one Pioneer. I know Denon makes the X1600 that is traktor scratch certified but I do not need four channels nor do I need scratch since the Stanton cdj's are midi.

Any advice on this set up would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

You can play CDs on your laptop, also you can have an ipad ready just incase ur controller crashes