interesting... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: interesting...

Me too before I bought the controller I really wanted to see either the DJWORX review or the DJTECHTOOLS review, but they didnt seem to have exclusive coverage of the item the way they always have traktor stuff way earlier than other people

I ended up buying the DDJ-SX out of a leap of faith, even though I am a Traktor die hard fan (still am)

I wrote some comments (mini review) on my blog HERE for those who are interested, note that I am a Traktor user so the review kinda reflects a lot of comparison between Serato DJ and Traktor

I am really having fun with the DDJ-Sx - so much fun that I can see myself using SSL to play with (with the SL boxed) just so that I can use the same library both at home and in the clubs (I dont think i want to bring the ddj-sx out to gigs its too heavy)

I really wish there is an HID mapping for Traktor - the current user mapping by viper is really great but I miss those jogwheel performance that can only be found on NI's own HID protocol
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    I really wish there is an HID mapping for Traktor - the current user mapping by viper is really great but I miss those jogwheel performance that can only be found on NI's own HID protocol
    Would you lose some of the key features like Slip mode and Loop Rolls?

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    Would you lose some of the key features like Slip mode and Loop Rolls?
    yes all the good DDJ-SX features are forever gone (eg the SLICER)- unless someone maps it on the controller that is in traktor
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    Me too before I bought the controller I really wanted to see either the DJWORX review or the DJTECHTOOLS review, but they didnt seem to have exclusive coverage of the item the way they always have traktor stuff way earlier than other people
    I think the fact DJ Worx doesn't have a solid hands on review either is pretty telling. Maybe NI is just better at getting hardware in reviewers hands earlier. Pioneer, may not care as much because people will just buy it based on press releases and brand name. I'm pretty confident that DJTT would do an in-depth review if they had one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Good points

....And a nice review on the software by the team - great work, I enjoyed reading your points

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think the fact DJ Worx doesn't have a solid hands on review either is pretty telling. Maybe NI is just better at getting hardware in reviewers hands earlier. Pioneer, may not care as much because people will just buy it based on press releases and brand name. I'm pretty confident that DJTT would do an in-depth review if they had one.
    I have one, but I'm just crazy busy with my growing business.

My first reaction - a solid high quality unit with just about everything you could want. But as I suspected, it's really cramped. My daughter was laughing at me as I was trying to mix and kept hitting the pitch controls. And still do. And the wheels aren't quite as good as units before it. Good, but not as good as I've come to expect.

When I saw it, I was like most other people - got to have have one. But my judgement is a little more reserved now. Trying to get through the work for my video business and then I'm all over this and the Z2. I need to get back to writing.

DJWORX
    - The very best DJ gear news, reviews and opinion

i am going to agree with the pitch controls and the jogwheels

the pitch controls are very loose (in comparison to regular pioneer cdjs eg 900/2000) which is good but the placement makes it easy for it to get knocked around, by now i am used to it but the first month new owners who beatmatch manually (and use the pitch sliders) bound to knock into the sliders quite often, and trust me the serato sync is not as good as traktor yet so... you kinda would wanna do manual beatmatching, plus with the huge jogwheels and full size pitch sliders there is no reason why you need to use sync (if thats not enough you can line up the peak lines and thats kinda like instant sync already)

the jogwheels are nice but i think it can definitely be improved after some firmware upgrade, at the moment there are some inconsistencies with the release, eg when you scratch sometimes the release is instant and sometimes you kinda need to nudge it forward to make the release good (like in vinyl)
    Setup:

I've giged 2 nights for 5 hours each and not once did I bump the pitch fader so I don't see why quite a few people mentioned it being a problem.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast