Traktor 2 Reverb freeze problem
    Tech Convert

Angry Traktor 2 Reverb freeze problem

hi
    I saw a question at the NI forum
    I have the same problem too
    Does anyone know why this is happening :

I have recently upgraded to the newest traktor. I used to use the reverb as a single effect, have the freeze button selected and then when I turned the effect on one of the decks it would do a nice reverb freeze on teh beat and tail off into nothing....like 'pshhhhhhhhh'!

I uised to do the same with delay, and that still works in the same way, but there is soemthing very annoying about the reverb situation now.

It doesnt work to just turn on for instance effect 1 on deck a (effect 1 being reverb with freeze on), it just doesnt sound right. It does work to have effect 1 on deck A already turned on, and then turn on the reverb effect button.

The problem with this is that I cant just reverb freeze one track without the other one being affected.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can individually assign any of decks by using "Unit on" buttons from mixer section of the screen.

Tech Convert

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can individually assign any of decks by using "Unit on" buttons from mixer section of the screen.
    hi tnx for the replay...
    can you be more specific , I didn't understand you , what is the "unit on"
    thanks.

Those are buttons under Filter knob and above Key function on traktor mixer.

Tech Convert

of course im using the "1" and "2" kyes for the reverb fx
    like I say :
    "It doesnt work to just turn on for instance effect 1 on deck a (effect 1 being reverb with freeze on), it just doesnt sound right. It does work to have effect 1 on deck A already turned on, and then turn on the reverb effect button"

Tech Convert

many people told me that I need to first press the "1" or "2" key
    and after that I need to press the freeze button and the reverb effect ( the middle button )
    but its not working like before

So you wanna set reverb to be on with freeze button engaged and bring it from unit on button? If that's so classic reverb don't work like that and it will instantly cut playback without leaving tail behind it. T3 reverb should do the tirck.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    So you wanna set reverb to be on with freeze button engaged and bring it from unit on button? If that's so classic reverb don't work like that and it will instantly cut playback without leaving tail behind it. T3 reverb should do the tirck.

Right!!! classic reverb instantly cut playback without leaving tail behind it , at traktor 1 it work great..
    so the T3 will work?
    whats the diffrent between them?

Classic reverb was new with traktor pro and it works horrible when used alone - I got some results with it only if it's used with just a little bit of amount (to give space to track) or in combination with other effects. Other side T3 reverb is the one you've said it worked well in previous version of traktor but in traktor pro it seem too loud so you need to be careful on dry/wet when using it.

Tech Convert

I have this same problem, its been bugging me for sooo long!