TP2.6 and S4 - Shift button engages "tempo tap" for focused deck

Default TP2.6 and S4 - Shift button engages "tempo tap" for focused deck

Hey guys, first post here and I'll try not to be a total noob....

been running my s4 for the last year and half here and been loving it.....

with the most recent TP update though i noticed now that when pressing the shift button on the s4 that the tempo tap button in the software lights up and if you continue to tap the shift button it modifies the tempo of the track to the tempo tapped. pretty sure this is something new as i have never encountered this before after the last 1.5yrs of banging away on the thing. lol. becomes a real pain in the ass when using the shift+jog wheel to scrub through tracks quickly and place cue points and you end up setting the bpm to 300bpm by accident....

anyone know how to disable this function and/or confirm this is something new in the 2.6 update?

thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Hello well i don't really know if you can disable it but it's not new... It's there till the first traktor sample decks feature

It will only change the bpm if you tap 4 times. If you lock the bpm on your tracks it won't affect it at all.
    Tapping shift for the tempo has been there since day 1 of the S4, but the tap button wouldn't light up until you tapped 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    It will only change the bpm if you tap 4 times. If you lock the bpm on your tracks it won't affect it at all.
    Tapping shift for the tempo has been there since day 1 of the S4, but the tap button wouldn't light up until you tapped 4 times.

ahhh cool, alright i got this now thanks. thinkin back on it... the other day i was incredible coffee'd up when this was happening.... hahah mega shakes!