DJ FX Tools

Thread: DJ FX Tools

Tech Wizard

Default DJ FX Tools

Hey Everyone,

Quick question for a new guy here. I've been tinkering around with Traktor Pro 2 for a while, especially with the various effects that automatically come with the program.

Where is a good place to find more FX tools than just the standard ones that come with the program? I've found a couple on Beatport (stuff like Shogun and Whitedown - what they call it at least), just wanted to try to discover more to utilize in the mixing process. Or should/do DJs not really rely on FX tools too much when mixing?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Hey mate, welcome to the forums.

I think you're confusing effects with samples here. The effects which come with Traktor are the only ones you've got, unless you have some outboard hardware. Unfortunately Traktor cannot support VSTs or the like.

As for the samples you've found on Beatport, go ahead and use them, if used right (read subtly) they can really add to your sets. As for free samples, there are some sites on the web, google is your friend in this regard.

Hope this helps mate, looking forward what you can do with the samples!
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you Google DJ tools you'll come up with a lot of stuff.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Thank you for the feedback! I'm coming to find that there is so much to learn about this topic =P

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    Hey mate, welcome to the forums.

I think you're confusing effects with samples here. The effects which come with Traktor are the only ones you've got, unless you have some outboard hardware. Unfortunately Traktor cannot support VSTs or the like.

As for the samples you've found on Beatport, go ahead and use them, if used right (read subtly) they can really add to your sets. As for free samples, there are some sites on the web, google is your friend in this regard.

Hope this helps mate, looking forward what you can do with the samples!
    you can use vsts ......

Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Wizard

And just to make sure I understand this correctly, VSTs can be used live while mixing to add in extra effects? Would I need to download plugins and various effects for the VST or do they come with some of their own?

Tech Guru

1st question yes
    2nd question VST is the effect or instrument (in this case effect) so yes you would need to download some VSTs and they are the effects
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Quote Originally Posted by Cabullis View Post
    And just to make sure I understand this correctly, VSTs can be used live while mixing to add in extra effects? Would I need to download plugins and various effects for the VST or do they come with some of their own?
    armyofme4340 / Push More Buttons has a couple of great tutorial videos on VST effects in Traktor:

Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

To use vst's traktor has to be routed through ableton
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    To use vst's traktor has to be routed through ableton
    scroll back up the post...see the video I posted, the person does not use ableton