Delay Feedback Repeat
    Tech Guru

Default Delay Feedback Repeat

He turns on the delay and changes the rate, creates a little fill but then it repeats what he did.. by itself
    it happens at :40 seconds... any ideas on how to get that same effect?

Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Wizard

im a little confused, isnt it just the delay echoing and fading out?

Is what your trying to do creating a fill with a delay and then have that dlay-fill continue to repeat itself indefinitly with no fading out like a normal delay would?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmullen68 View Post
    im a little confused, isnt it just the delay echoing and fading out?

Is what your trying to do creating a fill with a delay and then have that dlay-fill continue to repeat itself indefinitly with no fading out like a normal delay would?
    yes it is echoing and fading out but its not all over the place ...he creates the little fill and then it repeats just that little fill it doesnt continue to chop the whole mix up with the delay

and i would want it to fade it out like this if I needed it indefinitely I would just loop it with my soundbite thats easy

any help appreciated thanks
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Wizard

hmmmm, i use traktor so if im on the same page i can just turn the effect on for a short time and then turn the effect off but still get the delayed sound. Im pretty sure anyways but want to get home and mess with it to be sure.

For example i do this alot for a cool effect.....

I'll have two tracks loaded, one playing a simple 4 on the floor beat or something and the other track stopped and not playing. as i hit the delay effect ON button I'll make a quick scratch on the track that is stopped and the delay grabs that sound and repeats it in sync with the beat playing on deck B.

For some reason my brain is drawing a blank right now about the first part and whether or not the delay will continue once turned off if the wet is still turned up in traktor. I know that if i delay and then stop the track the effect will continue so maybe something like that would work you know? Like cue the track to the point you want to delay to make that fill and hit play and delay ON simultaneously. once you grabbed a couple seconds of audio for the fill release cue and it will jump back to the cue point so you could repeat as many times as you'd like to re-use that fill over the other deck. does this make sense at all? lol sometimes i dont do well trying to explain what im thinking! Delay is an awesome effect tho and so much you can do with it in traktor, especially in single effect mode where you get 3 parameters of the delay to control.

Tech Guru

yea deff try it out and et me know Im actually playing later tonight so Ill be trying it out see if I can achieve it and Ill report back