Any nashville Dj's/Controllerist here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Any nashville Dj's/Controllerist here

Hey Forum,
    My name is PHader, I moved to Nashville over a year ago and I was just looking for fellow dj's/controllerist. Also wondering how the scene is getting gigs and what not. I used to play shows in western New York (where I'm from) and people loved it; would love to get back out there and play. I've really started to get into controllerism lately because of arguments that I have with people running vinyl/cdj's (I'm not a real dj because I have buttons to launch my tracks, even though I know how to beat match and I learned how on a set of Numark HDX's but that's besides the point). Anyways just looking for people around the area to network with and talk music and what not about. Hoping to hear from some of ya.

Thanks,
    PHader

Tech Wizard

bump

Tech Wizard

Present! I personally am trying to move into just controllers too. I learned on some Numark tt's with timecode. What do you spin?

Tech Wizard

Right now my gear is an S4 connected to a mini mac (my alienware laptop was stolen so I am using a pc now), I am saving some cash to get an f1 to add to this along with an APC40 that I want to map fxs/ extra cue points onto so that I can add more controllerism to my sets. I've been spinning for about 4-5 yrs. I learned to beatmatch on my friends rig at the time along with a cheap controller I had purchased. He was running Numark HDX's with a basic numark mixer, and at home I used a numark total control. I have pretty much only used controllers for my gear but have used other cdj's and vinyl before. I pretty much went the controller route because it has been cheaper for me especially since I haven't been getting any gigs since I moved.

Tech Wizard

I wouldn't bother adding the APC40. Wait for the Ableton Push controller.

Tech Wizard

I am Mapping the apc40 into traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    I wouldn't bother adding the APC40. Wait for the Ableton Push controller.
    Why? Hes using traktor for controllerism.. Not ableton for production/

Tech Wizard

I have an APC40 and even with a good mapping, it's awkward and clunky to integrate into a Traktor setup. I'd suggest something more 'neutral' than the APC as it has no native integration with Traktor.

Nashville Illinois here.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Wizard

Well When I get the cash I'll be getting the F1 so I can do better live mashups. I wish there was the Jogfx mapping Ean created for the s2 for the s4; that is so sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast