Cool new (to me) way of using the beatmasher if you have a serious lack of knobs!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cool new (to me) way of using the beatmasher if you have a serious lack of knobs!

Ok so you may all already be aware of this but i wasn't. I

I saw a vid on youtube the other day with a guy using the oxygen 8 keyboard with traktor pro, serious lack of knobs but lots of buttons.

Basically my mate who is a bit of a noise maker (just hammers effects and twists sounds) wanted a cheap controller to start playing with traktor so we decide that the oxygen 8 maybe a decent start seen as new you can pick one up for about £60.00

The beatmasher being a love of his we started to wonder how he could use the beatmasher with the serious lack of knobs when they may be taken up for other things. The guy on the vid had a pretty neat idea which i think is actually quite good whether you have got knobs or not, "don't use knobs, use buttons!" Far more acurate control than using a knob !!

So it goes a little somethin like this.

One button mapped to load the beatmasher in as many effects slots as you want, possibly 6 if needed but i only did 3 (just one efx bank in chanined mode) Also map this same button to load the amounts you want each beatmasher slot set to, eg slot 1 @ 50%, Slot 2 @ 75%. Slot 3 @ 100%. Although for some reason you cant get this to all happen with one press you have to press it twice (no biggy)! Then have 3 more buttons mapped to the "on" button for each efx slot. Using these buttons you can now jump seamlessly and flawlessly between the 3 beatmasher settings, no need to worry about getting that knob to the exact right point anymore spot on every time

Now i know this won't be for all of you but i thought it was a pretty cool trick for someone with more buttons than knobs and thought if like me you hadnt seen the vid i saw it would be pretty useful info for some
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think I might give something like this a shot. Also, with Bomes, you can have the button set off the the On command when it loads, so if your friend wants to get involved in MIDI translators it can give him a LOT more control.

God, I sound like Bento
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

It is quality, i thought when doing it its a bit of a bodgy shortcut but little did i know it would actually just feel far better than using a knob.

I'm converted ... just need more buttons now.

It amazed me how much you could do with the mappings ie you can with one button press load a full set of six effects and the amounts you want them set to ! POWERFUL stuff.

So just to go to a frikkin major extreme one button press could get you 6 chained effects loaded and tuned on in a couple of clicks !

AMAZIN !!! take some thinkin about what you want but if you take that time it coudl be very powerful to a performer.

G

Right now I'm working on making Ean's Delay pitch change to one knob and one button to control the filter, the effect amount,t he knobs on the effect, and maybe even the play/pause and everything. It's really amazing what you can do.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

then you all should start building midi-fighter clones like boileroo did
    Stanton SCS3 System

Why buy the clone when you have the real thing?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Why are you using three beatmashers when you could just use one and have three buttons in direct mode to adjust the amount? Or did I not understand what you said right...

Quote Originally Posted by chrismp View Post
    then you all should start building midi-fighter clones like boileroo did
    midi fighters coming soon-- they are going to be very sick.

when r midi fighters coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    Why are you using three beatmashers when you could just use one and have three buttons in direct mode to adjust the amount? Or did I not understand what you said right...
    Good point ... Can that be done , the one concern I have with that is you might not be able to instantly jump between settings, I think it may take one press to set the amount then another to turn it on and if not the case you would need another button to turn it off. Not tried the way you say but I think it may not work as seamlessly as this, although I am open to be proved wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast