Native Instruments Machine / Akai MPD26

Default Native Instruments Machine / Akai MPD26

I want to get into producing [ making beats mostly dubstep, electronic, hip hop ] never made any kind of beats or ever attempted to produce music does anybody have suggestions on midi controller? ive been thinking of getting Native instruments Maschine or Akai MPD26. Ive heard good things about both products im leaning more on Maschine because it comes with hardware and software, the MPD26 is almost the same price as maschine without software[ does anyone know of good quality software i could buy with the MPD26 like Ableton that does not cost 300+?!?!]. So can someone please give me some advice on these 2 produces or some suggestions on good midi controllers/software to look into? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Dj DoIn' BaD

[Twitter] @Djdoinbad
    [Facebook] https://www.facebook.com/DjDoinBadTheMixtapeAssassin
    [Mixcloud] http://www.mixcloud.com/Dj_DoIn_BaD_Mixtape_Assassin/
    [BBM] 2305CD0B

I use Maschines. I would go for the Ableton deal (25% off, free update to 9) and grab a Maschine mkII.

There's no apple to apple comparison here, but you can roughly say that NI (Maschine) keeps the price low by making the controller as dumb as possible and do all soundmaking in the PC. Akai MPC's are standalone devices that have a computer inside. That's what makes them expensive. MPD's are just MIDI controllers.

The Maschine software is not very useful to make full songs.
    Last edited by boarderbas; 11-14-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Quote Originally Posted by boarderbas View Post
    Akai MPC's are standalone devices that have a computer inside. That's what makes them expensive. PMD's are just MIDI controllers.
    OP's talking about MPDs, not MPCs.

Also, the MPC Renaissance, Studio, and Fly are NOT standalone devices. They must be attached to a computer in order to use either the hardware or the software.

There's no apple to apple comparison here, but you can roughly say ...(..).. MPD's are just MIDI controllers.
    + Maschine has mesmerizing RGB buttons and can be operated without looking at your PC whereas you need to map (or load a map) into an MPD and then either know what you are doing by remembering the buttons or look at your PC to see what you are doing.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white