Making A Podcast

Default Making A Podcast

Ive wanted to make a podcast for a while now so I can post my mixes for people to listen to and download. Currently im using mixcloud to post mixes but want to make a podcast so peolpe can automatilly get them when i post them, download to there ipod and jam out to my mixes! So if anyone can help out or share some links to artiles, FAQ pages about podcasting or anything that can help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Dj DoIn' BaD

[Twitter] @Djdoinbad
    [Facebook] https://www.facebook.com/DjDoinBadTheMixtapeAssassin
    [Mixcloud] http://www.mixcloud.com/Dj_DoIn_BaD_Mixtape_Assassin/
    [BBM] 2305CD0B

I would think you get plenty of how-to articles using an internet search...
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

ive tried that but dont get any that are really helpful? i was hoping to get some info from someone who has a podcast that could help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I would think you get plenty of how-to articles using an internet search...

Easiest way to make a podcast is to use GarageBand. Basically export audio as a compressed file, maintain an XML file and place the podcast into iTunes or some other distribution aggregator as well as advertise it on the web.

I got 301,000,000 hits with "How to make a podcast" search string. I would think one or two of those articles talk about this in detail.

PS: The other issue is the legality of releasing music via podcasts without paying royalties to producers/labels. Labels and those who own their music could of course do any kind of podcast they want. For the rest it's a matter of always being a little bit worried in case they get a nasty letter from someone about it with possible legal action involved. Unlike mixes, a lot of the early day podcast polemics was about this so some labels might take a look at this. Plus I would not be surprised if iTunes and other places also take down any URLS that blatantly avoid the licensing issue. Mixcloud is really good as they take care of the licensing.
    Last edited by ksandvik; 11-08-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

thanks for the help and thats one of the main things it was worried about, the legal side of things
    Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Easiest way to make a podcast is to use GarageBand. Basically export audio as a compressed file, maintain an XML file and place the podcast into iTunes or some other distribution aggregator as well as advertise it on the web.

I got 301,000,000 hits with "How to make a podcast" search string. I would think one or two of those articles talk about this in detail.

PS: The other issue is the legality of releasing music via podcasts without paying royalties to producers/labels. Labels and those who own their music could of course do any kind of podcast they want. For the rest it's a matter of always being a little bit worried in case they get a nasty letter from someone about it with possible legal action involved. Unlike mixes, a lot of the early day podcast polemics was about this so some labels might take a look at this. Plus I would not be surprised if iTunes and other places also take down any URLS that blatantly avoid the licensing issue. Mixcloud is really good as they take care of the licensing.

podomatic.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i do hour long sets in traktor every 2 weeks, i have a little intro to my show as well... just pop it online, throw it on itunes and a wordpress blog. people can subscribe to certain podcasts