The SQD v1

Thread: The SQD v1

Default The SQD v1

I have been meaning to post this forever but I completely spaced. So here it is. I had talked about this in another post, my homemade mod is using a mouse. Sure enough, I looked into it and I am not the only one who has accomplished this. But none the less here you go...

I'm no photographer, my friend is so maybe she will take better pics for me later. I am already working on v2. The theory is think on a vci with only one deck that has a toggle to switch between 4 and lots and lots of buttons and switches.

I made the box out of a paper organizer, cut a little of. The top is 1/2 inch Plexiglas and I took a torch to it to give it such a nice bend. The two buttons are the high acclaimed arcade buttons and there is a toggle to the left.

The buttons are coordinated to their deck, blue is deck 1, orange is deck 2. I only use 3 and 4 sometimes... not with this though. The vinyl is set up like a jog wheel, I don't know how to scratch to save my life . Its for manually syncing tracks and keeping them in place when they get off.

When you hit the toggle on the vinyl now is a track selector. Left for up, right for down. When you hit a button that track loads to the selected track.

I would show you all what the inside looks like but its embarrassing. Think of a mouse... wires... solder... nothing exciting. Looks cooler on the out side.

Tell me what you think! Maybe I can get a video on youtube if I can figure out how.

Looks sweet dude!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Looks sweet dude!
    Thanks, it still has a lot of work. And I need to find a better convert/emulator program. Any suggestions?

You mean something like bomes MIDI translator, or more like embedded software?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I looked into Bomes a while ago. I need something to translate mouse x and y movements into midi values. As I have it now:
    When mouse2 (the vinyl not the laptop mouse) x position is less than center send midi 1
    then return position to center
    When mouse2 x position is greater than center send midi 2
    then return position to center

I'm using a program called GlovePie. Its mainly for emulating devices for games, but anything can be changed. Which is why I used it for this project. I need to just make a midi box... but that is very difficult and expensive.