Need to hook up a Hercules controller to my S4? Help?

Default Need to hook up a Hercules controller to my S4? Help?

Ok usually what I would do for plugging in any controller to my S4 is just hooking up their main out to my channel C or D by a rca cable obviously. BUT, if you look at the third or fourth picture, it shows the back. Notice how there are multiple main outs? Which one do I plug the rca's into so that it hooks up to my S4? Stuck here homies.

Link to the Hercules:
    http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/...j-console-rmx/
    ECHE PALANTE:
    www.soundcloud.com/echepalante
    www.mixcloud.com/djrepulse

Technic 1200 MK5's, Traktor Kontrol S4

Tech Guru

either one depends on your setting inside traktor whether you set the output to 1 & 2 or 3 & 4

anyways you can always just try it out if no sound switch output not too hard
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    either one depends on your setting inside traktor whether you set the output to 1 & 2 or 3 & 4

anyways you can always just try it out if no sound switch output not too hard
    Haha ik just trying it out isnt hard to do but i wont be able to test it until the day off the gig like 3 hours before, so i dont want to take any chances, you know?
    ECHE PALANTE:

bump
    ECHE PALANTE:

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EchePalante View Post
    Haha ik just trying it out isnt hard to do but i wont be able to test it until the day off the gig like 3 hours before, so i dont want to take any chances, you know?
    yea you should be fine it just depends on the way the settings are in traktor if you plug into 1 & 2 make sure the master in traktor is using 1 & 2 pretty simple.

And why did you comment bump if your post is still on top of the forum, if its at the bottom or moved tp another page then you comment bump so it goes back to 1st page so people can see it
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    yea you should be fine it just depends on the way the settings are in traktor if you plug into 1 & 2 make sure the master in traktor is using 1 & 2 pretty simple.

And why did you comment bump if your post is still on top of the forum, if its at the bottom or moved tp another page then you comment bump so it goes back to 1st page so people can see it
    Wait nevermind i read the wrong thing. BUt now i ran into another problem. The main out for the Hercules is the 1/4 to Xlr jack. I use that to go to my speakers and i believe the S4 only has one pair of 1/4 to xlr jacks (the ones on the main out). I dont think they have them for the channel c and d?
    ECHE PALANTE:

Tech Guru

get a different cable to connect it...or buy some adapters

Why are you plugging in a Hercules controller to a S4? The S4 can't be used as a stand alone mixer everything is routed through Traktor. Unless you are using 2 computers. The only way to do this with 1 computer is to use ASIO4ALL drivers on PC and route your audio. um...... Assuming you are using 2 PC's with Traktor. On the Pc connected to the Hercules Controller go to settings and choose EXTERNAL MIXER. Then go to OUTPUTS and set Deck A to 1-2 and Deck B to 3-4. Connect RCA from Booth Out 1-2 on the back of the Hercules Controller.(that is Deck A) to the S4. Then connect RCA from output 3-4 (that is Deck B) to the S4. On the pc running the S4 go to settings and set Deck C and D to Live Input. If your just trying to use the Hercules Controller to control Deck C and D then just create a new midi mapping....