Will Maschine follow Traktor's midi clock more tightly if plugged into the Z2 (PC) ?

Default Will Maschine follow Traktor's midi clock more tightly if plugged into the Z2 (PC) ?

***This is for PC users (Mac has much better midi clock stability than PC)***

Now that Maschine can be plugged directly into the back of the Z2, will this improve midi clock sync'ing between Maschine and Traktor? As we all know, the clock is very unstable on PC, unlike on Mac (you can read all about this on traktorbible.com)

I'm guessing no because the Z2 doesn't have a MIDI in port (you wouldn't be connecting the midi out on Maschine to any midi in)....

Just wondering if this is a game changer for PC users? Thanks guys..
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 11-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Tech Guru

Im almost 100% on this but I think the Z2 is basically functioning as a usb hub not more than that

anyone is more than welcome to correct me if Im wrong or agree to confirm
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    Im almost 100% on this but I think the Z2 is basically functioning as a usb hub not more than that

anyone is more than welcome to correct me if Im wrong or agree to confirm
    I think you are correct on this.

I am new to traktor so excuse my lack of knowledge, but does Traktor 2.6 always ask you during set up if you are using a midi? or is this specifically with the Z2 drive?

Tech Guru

when I open traktor I opens to my decks no setup initially yes but thats more for the controller mapping loading stock .tsi files and I cant answer that question dont have a Z2
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    when I open traktor I opens to my decks no setup initially yes but thats more for the controller mapping loading stock .tsi files and I cant answer that question dont have a Z2
    K word, yea cause I am new to Traktor and went straight for the Z2.