Maschine - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maschine

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    I hate the automation
    Why?

Tech Mentor

I hate the fact that it's not allowing us to make the automation linear like in any kind of DAW. And yeah as vst it's near to useless

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAboutIt View Post
    I hate the fact that it's not allowing us to make the automation linear like in any kind of DAW. And yeah as vst it's near to useless
    I really have to disagree. The ability to record automation they way Maschine does is not perfect, but is actually a selling point of Ableton Live/Suite 9. I have no issue drawing linear automation with Maschine as a VST in Live.

love it.
    especially as a vst in ableton. in ableton i am able to have hardware audio and the sends routed into maschine, allowing me to browse vst fx from the maschine hardware, while the audio is then piped back into channels in ableton so i can mix with my apc. rarely touch my laptop once i start writing

Tech Mentor

Automation: I'll agree is a bit weak, I do kinda wish we had the ability to draw linear automation. The pinning feature is pretty helpful though.

Side-Chaining:the lack of integrated side-chaining is also another short-fall. However, there are lots of options and work-arounds for it especially if you're using it with another DAW.

Now, that I've pointed out the two things that I DON'T like there are so many other features that make this "maschine" amazing and incredibly useful in the studio and workflow...

Work-Flow: coming from a background of staring at my computer screen and pointing and clicking, the Maschine has totally freed me up with regards to that. It really makes me feel like a musician again. I've literally banged around on the thing for HOURS without having to look at the screen. the onboard screens give you all the info you need and once you've learned the ins and outs you can do virtually EVERYTHING from the hardware

Library: Despite the fact that I've been building my sample library for almost 10 years and I've got a ton of vinyl, I've become VERY reliant on the stock samples. They span such a huge range and variety. There's essentially a sound or group to satisfy any taste. Couple that with the sampling engine and stock effects, you can tweak anything exactly to sound how you want it.

Effects: As stated above, the stock effects are great. Though a bit pedestrian and 'simple' compared to a full DAW or other specialty plug-ins, what is provided is a good start to fine tuning your sounds just the way you like it. Couple it with another DAW and you're potential is limitless.

Plug-In: The ability to load up your fav plug-ins, or even use Maschine itself as a plug-in opens up an immense world of possibilities and creative exploration. The MIDI I/O also gives you the option of playing your fav Sounds/VSTs with great expression. Again, with the amount of parameters that can be mapped and modulated the maschine is VERY expressive. Also, with NI's continually growing sound-packs, and the Reaktor user library this small box can be expanded beyond imagination.

Those are just a few of the reasons why I LOVE my MASCHINE. I still haven't mentioned the step-sequencer, and the cool new features of 1.8 but hopefully this gives you an idea of how great this little box is and how it's a integral if not focal point in many of it's users set-up.

I never touched a DAW, never composed anything, never ever did anything close to production and within 2 evenings of fooling around I could make MASSIVE beats on the maschine. Its very easy to learn (especially from the tutorial videos). I find the documentation to be inadequate, but it may be just me looking up silly questions. (like how to change the frequency of the gater effect)

You can tell they did an effort to lower the bar for people like me.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Mentor

I recently got a maschine micro and I love it but I have some issues with arranging tracks. I'm thinking of getting Live to do that but have some questions on workflow if you use Maschine inside of Live:

Can I automate Mschine's parameters inside Live or how would you do this? E.g. do I have to route each sound on a channel so I could for example slowly bring in a clap?

What I'd like to avoid is having to bounce my drums from maschine to audio in multiple tracks to work with them
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    I recently got a maschine micro and I love it but I have some issues with arranging tracks. I'm thinking of getting Live to do that but have some questions on workflow if you use Maschine inside of Live:

Can I automate Mschine's parameters inside Live or how would you do this? E.g. do I have to route each sound on a channel so I could for example slowly bring in a clap?

What I'd like to avoid is having to bounce my drums from maschine to audio in multiple tracks to work with them
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=48092

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12