Your oppinion on a Hercules RMX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    did you guys know that they put a hunk of metal in the RMX to make it seem more solid and heavy? wish i could find that picture but can't with a quick internet search.

Actually its not to make it seem more solid. Its there to shield all the innards. If you look at the picture you see all the wires running out from under it.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Mentor

post a link to the picture please? =)

Tech Mentor

I've got an rmx, and I can say hands down that its a very nice vci alternative, especially if you don't mind not having touch sensitive jog wheels. As far as the sound card goes, I have less input on that. It sure as hell sounds fine to me, but then I've never played anywhere smaller than a large-ish room, so who knows. Gotta say, though, if I could go back and do it again, I'd go for the steel and a soundcard, if only because it would have left me with more options for upgrades.

The really important thing to remember with controllers, though, is that its all in how they feel to YOU, and how clever you can be with midi mappings.

But if all you want is an opinion, go for the RMX. I've been using mine with traktor and mixxx for a while now, and I couldn't be happier. Stay away from the packaged DJ software, though, and just get mixxx if you can't afford traktor.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Mentor

Thanks Segfault for your oppinion =)

OT: Still can't wait to get my vci 100 next week!!! hahah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123