Figure DJ Setup / Serato Vinyl DVS w/ USB device to cut cue and loop.
    Tech Wizard

Default Figure DJ Setup / Serato Vinyl DVS w/ USB device to cut cue and loop.

Last night I saw Figure play in Pittsburgh, PA. He did pretty good, but what intrigued me most was the setup which he was DJ'ing on. He was doing a standard Serato SL3 two Technics 1200's, but he had a USB device next to his tables that he was cutting loops and cue'ing on.

I can't figure out what the hell it was. I've been looking around all day and I don't think it was a Novation Dicer, it might have been a MidiFighter, but it didn't look like he was switching into Internal Mode with his mouse every time he went to hit a hot cue or set a loop (which I'm 99% sure you have to do when using the MidiFighter and Turntables in Serato, correct me if I'm wrong).

Do any of you have any insight on what this device might be, or a similar one that allows you to activate hot cues and loops while using Serato Scratch Live and turntables? Switching into internal mode everytime I want to set a loop would be a total bitch, there has to be a way to stay in relative mode and have something mapped to control the internal functions of the software.

Tech Mentor

Any midi controller mapped to the functions needed would be possible to do what you described,

You do not have to enter Internal mode to use loops etc Relative mode is all I use and trigger loops, cues etc without any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Tenova View Post
    Last night I saw Figure play in Pittsburgh, PA. He did pretty good, but what intrigued me most was the setup which he was DJ'ing on. He was doing a standard Serato SL3 two Technics 1200's, but he had a USB device next to his tables that he was cutting loops and cue'ing on.

I can't figure out what the hell it was. I've been looking around all day and I don't think it was a Novation Dicer, it might have been a MidiFighter, but it didn't look like he was switching into Internal Mode with his mouse every time he went to hit a hot cue or set a loop (which I'm 99% sure you have to do when using the MidiFighter and Turntables in Serato, correct me if I'm wrong).

Do any of you have any insight on what this device might be, or a similar one that allows you to activate hot cues and loops while using Serato Scratch Live and turntables? Switching into internal mode everytime I want to set a loop would be a total bitch, there has to be a way to stay in relative mode and have something mapped to control the internal functions of the software.
    He uses a Midifighter 3D.