A Deckadance Video Walkthrough/Tour for Ableton Live
    Tech Mentor

Default A Deckadance Video Walkthrough/Tour for Ableton Live

here is the tour/walkthrough video I did for deckadance, I am waiting on the performance segment to be sent to me and I will post that up when I get it, right now there is a nice little guide style video showing what you get with this software.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelOHaganMusic

also, Deckadance was used in the other performance videos you'll see there, but I did a new one that shows of DD much better and with more variety of use that I will post up soon.

let me know what you think of the videos, and let me know if there is anything you see or hear that you would like covered in a future video.

thanks everyone.

Tech Guru

very interesting ..
    seeing that getting traktor pro and ableton in sync via midi clock is so painful, it does make this approach appealing.

how easily can deckadance be scripted?
    also how is the midi mapping management? that is my biggest issue with traktor .. it just sucks. i want to be able to easily play around with my settings and still be able to figure out what i have changed, so that i can undo things selectively .. ideally i would want to be able to share my settings for a device with others etc.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

midi mapping is very basic in deckadance. for advanced users used to the midi flexibility of traktor will be disappointed by DD's midi offerings. But I think it would be easier for you to play with it and change things around while being able to change them back if needed.

cool video, i'll have to post one of me using deckadance as a VST in Usine to show other options.

I just picked up a dascratch last night so i'm joining that club....