Sensitivity of NanoPad Triggers

Default Sensitivity of NanoPad Triggers

I havent really used my NanoPad at all since getting it, but i was re-mapping last night and integrating it in,and ive noticed that the first two buttons dont work really well, or work at all.
    Just wondering if these things are peices of junk or i need to adjust the velocity/sensitivity somewhere. ive maybe played with mine for a couple of hours and it feels like mines defective.

Anyone else got these problems?

Tech Mentor

My whole bottom row died it takes like 4 hits before it registers anything. Ive tried increasing sensitivity and changing the notes it sends out. Ive had it since november of last year though so its been through alot of use and abuse.

I took mine apart and spray painted it a long time ago so im pretty sure it wont be covered under warrenty. BUT if yours is still under warrenty i say return it for another.

Sounds like its defective

Quote Originally Posted by JeRK View Post
    I havent really used my NanoPad at all since getting it, but i was re-mapping last night and integrating it in,and ive noticed that the first two buttons dont work really well, or work at all.
    I'm not sure what you mean by re-mapping (if you mean in Korg's software or in whatever production/dj environment your using), but I had problems with what I set in the Kontrol software and what the actual result was.

The first button didn't work on mine at all either, and I accidentally figured out later that I had to set the note an octave lower than what I wanted it to send out (for example if I wanted a C#5, I had to set it at C#4).

Probably not your problem at all and a waste of time for you to read, but I thought I'd share anyway.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Tech Mentor

I have gone through two so far. The fist went out 29 days after purchase. Same sort of problem, pad not working properly. I returned to Guitar Center for a brand new one and 3 1/2 months that started having pad issues as well. I contacted Korg and faxed proof of purchase and the sent me a new one a few days later. They didn't even ask for old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    The first button didn't work on mine at all either, and I accidentally figured out later that I had to set the note an octave lower than what I wanted it to send out (for example if I wanted a C#5, I had to set it at C#4).
    Yeah I just looked in the Korg Editor/TSP and this wasnt the issue. I was getting the correct note, but it sometimes took 10 trigger hits to send the signal. I think its just el cheapo. no worries.

Probably not your problem at all and a waste of time for you to read, but I thought I'd share anyway.
    Offering insight and a possible solution is never a waste of time. Thanks for your contribution.

Mine is still working so far, but the pad loses sensitivity specially when you use it a lot. I think the Nano pad is a great way to get started, but if you are getting serious, try and get something else.
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.