Need Help!!!

Thread: Need Help!!!

Default Need Help!!!

Whats up DJ's out there...I need a bunch of help...i just entered my freshmen year in college and the first party is comming up, i was chosen to DJ...im a begginer..i use to dj with cdj's but now i want to move on to DJ with my laptop...i want to start with my laptop a god 2 channel mixer and i already have speakers...i heard that if i dont have Serato i cant connect my laptop to my the mixer...and switch from channels like that..is that soo??? some one let me kno of an easy set up...

Tech Mentor

Changing setups right before a gig is ehhh risky, you might want to just use your cdjs for this one

You need an audio interface with at least two pairs of stereo outs to do what you want. Research Scratch Live, Traktor Scratch Pro, and Torq for software options.

There is also Mixxx software if you dont want to play and only want basic function.

http://www.mixxx.org/
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

hope you have $$ to throw down or a usb/firewire mixer if you want to use that setup.. :P

(because if you can't connect your mixer to your laptop using usb/firewire, you need an external soundcard to do so. lookup: audio 4)
    Last edited by djhipnotikk; 07-17-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition