Good 2-Channel Mixer to sit next to an X1?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Good 2-Channel Mixer to sit next to an X1?

I posted a thread a while ago asking about a mixer to go with an X1 (or two). I got a lot of great responses but most were for 4 channel mixer, as I had asked, but now as I realize I probably won't be getting a second X1 for a long time 2 channels is really just fine.

I put buying the mixer off but all of a sudden I'm getting gigs in like the last 3 weeks (went from the odd friends house party to 2 shows and now opening for a Seattle DJ who opened at Freaknight 2012, ****ing stoked.)

The main two channel suggestions I got in the last thread were DJM250 and Xone 22. DJM250 sounded good at first but reviews make it sound like absolute crap. Xone 22 is definitely in my price range and seems like a great choice, but before I make that decision, I'd like to hear about some other 2 channel mixers I could look at that are in the price range. Only thing I didn't really like about the Xone 22 was that it seems pretty skimpy on features, but what can you really expect from an entry level, yet professional, 2 channel mixer.

So, at this point Xone 22 is the top choice, but as usual I want to be 200% what i'm buying is what I want.

Suggestions?

EDIT: I haven't heard a lot at all about the xone 32, it's not much mroe expensive than the 22 and it seems to have a lot more going on. Any first-hand experience? Also DJM 350?
    Last edited by Sn0wday; 11-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

DJM 400. You can get them second hand for like £200. Yeah you don't get filters, but you can just use the Traktor filter...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

+1 xone 22
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Wizard

Traktor Z2
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

DJM 350 looks great, but it's nearly double the price of xone 22 and I might just be falling prey to the "ooooh pretty, shiny.." pioneer effect.
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Tech Mentor

Get the Z2... perfect for Traktor users that don't need a full 4 channel mixer.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Traktor Z2

Although I'd love it, Z2 is pretty outside of my price range at this point.

EDIT: Just read it has a built in soundcard and all that, is it like an Audio 8? Cause that takes down the price of my mixer by like 200$ because I need a soundcard... Is this correct?
    Last edited by Sn0wday; 11-10-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Tech Mentor

True story mate.
    No need of Audio 8 with Z2.

Tech Wizard

If going for the Z2 price range, then why not look at the Pioneer DJM T1? Same story with the soundcard!
    d{-.-}b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast