help with keeping the same flow throughout a song - Fl studio
    Tech Mentor

Default help with keeping the same flow throughout a song - Fl studio

I find myself having a good buildup and a good drop but cant seem to make them fit together without losing the flow of the song. Any suggestions or advice when it comes to this? Help is appreciated.

Try foreshadowing elements of what is heard in the drop. Drops usually have the full baseline and all rhythmic elements, but not all of them need to be a surprise.

The trick is to work backwards.
    You can't just make a build up to nothing, you really need to write what it's building TO, and then create a new section before that -with elements of the body, building up to it.
    :: psy/OPs ¯ DRUM&BASS ¯ DUBSTEP ♫ _
    :: Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter //
    : ¯

Quote Originally Posted by psyEDk View Post
    The trick is to work backwards.
    You can't just make a build up to nothing, you really need to write what it's building TO, and then create a new section before that -with elements of the body, building up to it.
    This guy speaks the truth. I just started a remix where the main idea was from the breakdown and build sections, and after putting those in, I had to work pretty hard to get my ideas across after that. I spent an entire day working out the kinks in the body of the music, and the only reason it even flows completely well is because I was able to hold the idea from the build up into the body by reusing the leads as the beginning of each phrase.