Mixer Dilemma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mixer Dilemma

Default Mixer Dilemma

Hey Guys. Listen I'm 13, and in pursuit of a good, cost effective mixer. I don't need hardware effects, because I use traktor or ableton effects. I am thinking of moving over to vinyl sooner or later, so at least 2 Line/Phono inputs are a MUST.

My main criteria are:
    3 band, total kill EQ
    MIDI Capability
    At least 4 decks
    At least 2 Line/Phono inputs
    USB audio interface

Any reply would be awesome. I'm not a novice, so please spare the beginner stuff. Thanks for the help!

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Does the DDM4000 have a built in audio interface?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Does the DDM4000 have a built in audio interface?
    It has usb connect but i dont know about the audio interface. according to NI themselves, it has some sort of audio interface that works with traktor. Its deemed "traktor ready" by NI. with the exact criteria he wants I dont know if you can do much better for cheap. Something in the DJM 800 line has what he wants but thats going to run 3x the price.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    It has usb connect but i dont know about the audio interface. according to NI themselves, it has some sort of audio interface that works with traktor. Its deemed "traktor ready" by NI. with the exact criteria he wants I dont know if you can do much better for cheap. Something in the DJM 800 line has what he wants but thats going to run 3x the price.
    Nope, it doesnt even have any USB capability. Pure MIDI over DIN terminals

On topic, you're not going to find a quality 4 channel mixer for anything less than just shy of a grand, soundcard included. There are, however, some really spectacular 2 channel options for under $300. We kinda need to know your budget.

The kontrol s4 sounds perfect for you
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Guru

Allen & Heath Xone DB:4
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Quote Originally Posted by Beatmaster98 View Post
    Hey Guys. Listen I'm 13, and in pursuit of a good, cost effective mixer. I don't need hardware effects, because I use traktor or ableton effects. I am thinking of moving over to vinyl sooner or later, so at least 2 Line/Phono inputs are a MUST.

My main criteria are:
    3 band, total kill EQ
    MIDI Capability
    At least 4 decks
    At least 2 Line/Phono inputs
    USB audio interface

Any reply would be awesome. I'm not a novice, so please spare the beginner stuff. Thanks for the help! And sorry I forgot to add my budget (my bad ) My general price range could be anywhere between $800 to $1200.
    After seeing your budget your best bet is the DJM 850 if you can get one cheap
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Guru

denon dn-x1600
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Pioneer DJM 850, Xone DB2 or still one of my favourite mixers, the Xone 4D. Denon DN-1600 is another great option.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast