The Awaken Session Episode 3 (Dubstep Special)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default The Awaken Session Episode 3 (Dubstep Special)

The Awaken Sessions Dubstep Special

After a long break away from posting mixes, I finally got some time to upload this mix.Dubstep is my first love when it comes to electronic music. During my hiatus I listened to dubstep non stop, but I really fell in love with melodic dubstep. I started crafting this after I heard Bullet Train by Stephen Swartz and recorded it a while back, I just didn't get the chance to upload it. So with out any more rambling here is Session Episode 3 for your listening pleasure.

Download at :http://www.mixcrate.com/djawaken/the...special-225388

Tracklist:

Flinch ft Domonique Porter - When I'm Gone
    Savoy ft Heather Bright - So Bad
    Flinch ft Heather Bright - Light it Up
    Timeline - Forcefield
    Truth ft Yanye - Rain Dancer
    Sia - Brethe Me (PatrickReza Dubstep Remix)
    Nero - Innocence
    Kill the Noise - Dying (feat. Ultraviolet Sound & Emily Hudson) Original Mix
    DC Breaks & Skism - Killer Ft. Dee Freer (Original Mix)
    xKore - Boom
    Rye Rye ft Robyn - Never Will Be Mine (Kill the Noise Dub)
    Taryn Manning - Send Me Your Love (KDrew Remix)
    Ming - Go All Night (Flinch Remix)
    Docotor P ft Jenna G - Neon (LabRat Remix)
    Ellie Goulding - Hanging On (Sound Remedy Remix)
    Dream - This Isn't House (Flinch Remix)
    Killabyte - Messages
    Flight Facilities - Crave You (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)
    Stephen Swartz ft Joni Fatora - Bullet Train
    Neutralize ft. Emily Underhill - Shining Through The Light (Culture Code Remix)
    Excision & Savvy - Sleepless (Xilent Remix)
    Zomboy - City 2 City Ft Belle Humble
    Last edited by Dj Noriddim; 11-12-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Tech Mentor

Hey guys I'm meant to ask for feedback. I would love your honest comments and feedback thanks.

Tech Student

Great mix. I love your taste in music. Your harmonic mixing made it hard to tell where one song stopped and another began in a few parts which I love. Only because I feel obligated to provide at least some construction criticism, some of the songs dragged out a little too long. Not that I'm saying quick mix the hell out of it, but a quick mix here and there would've been a break to the ears. Maybe try quick mixing song A into B then back to A to add some flavor. You can always do some fancy crossfader flip work after coming back to A. Energy level seems to flow good. I did get tired of all the female vocals, but I love female vocals, so I guess I'm not really complaining after all.

Good work. I enjoyed! You introduced me to a few new tracks which is always appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Thank you Json.

I really appreciate your feedback. I'm now working on a new mix which is much more dynamic in terms of track lenghts. Also I'm incorporating some double drop work into it as well.

About female vocals I'm somewhat like you I love female vocals but I do see your point and I will try mix it up some more.

Thanks again and stay on the look out for the next mix
    Last edited by Dj Noriddim; 11-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Tech Student

Hey Nori,

Glad you found my feedback useful. I'll be looking forward to your next mix!

If you get a bit, I really liked your taste and would value your feedback on a live mix I just got done with.

Link: http://snd.sc/ZHzaM5

Cheers!
    Last edited by Json; 11-14-2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Broken Link

Not my kind of dubstep, but the mix itself is very pleasant, will have to agree with Json on smoothness of some of the transitions. Good job!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Hey Nori,

If you get a bit, I really liked your taste and would value your feedback on a live mix I just got done with.

Cheers!
    I will definately check this out when I get home from work. I really dig live mixes .

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by monogammee View Post
    Not my kind of dubstep, but the mix itself is very pleasant, will have to agree with Json on smoothness of some of the transitions. Good job!
    Thanks monogammee. Can you recommend some artist you like I would check them out as well I'm always looking for new sounds.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Json View Post
    Hey Nori,

Cheers!
    Hey man I inboxed you looks like soundcloud took your mix down upload it to mixcrate its free and offers a unlimited download option

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Noriddim View Post
    Thanks monogammee. Can you recommend some artist you like I would check them out as well I'm always looking for new sounds.
    Well I just meant I like more of a "dungeon" sound, darker, deeper.
    Don't mean to self-promote, but I actually recorded 2 mixes with that kind of sound on the weekend, check it out if you have a moment, they are both around 30min:
    http://www.mixcloud.com/monogammee/m...en-skies-mood/
    http://www.mixcloud.com/monogammee/d...ful-with-dark/

Some of the artists with that kind of style: Kryptic Minds, V.I.V.E.K., Distance, Phaeleh, Digital Mystikz, Youngsta, Compa, Kromestar, DJG. From DJs I'd recommend checking out Darkside, Alley Cat, Youngsta. GetDarker.com has some great live mixes.
    Last edited by monogammee; 11-15-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added artists

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast