Why my master volume bar is turning red ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by YaYa View Post
    --> Either it's going to go red
    --> If i raise it enough not to go red the sound would still be low
    So how at the end to i raise the main volume of the track
    (and what is automation)
    Its been said a few times already, Compressor or Limiter is the quickest method to raise the overall Volume. You will not increase the overall track volume at all, you'll just just squashing the peaking elements so the the rest of the track elements below those peaks are enhanced to a more Audible level and as a result the track should punch harder.

To get the most out of the compressor you'll need to learn side-chaining and how to use dummy clips as a side chain source is handy as well. Theres a million videos on youtube which could explain a million times better than I ever could.

Automation is when you draw in your device or track adjustments in session view e.g volume, limit levels, EQ adjustments etc..

If you want a particular part of the track to appear to hit harder then it actually does e.g. your drop, you can Automate areas like the compressor or volume, so just before it kicks back in, raise up the volume and then you can gradually automate a volume drop down by a few db's till the next hard hitting area.

Heres a decent article on how to use it.

http://www.wiretotheear.com/2008/04/...-ableton-live/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    To get the most out of the compressor you'll need to learn side-chaining and how to use dummy clips as a side chain source is handy as well. Theres a million videos on youtube which could explain a million times better than I ever could.

Now I need someone to explain to me how side-chaining is supposed to help when trying to raise the RMS level by the use of a compressor or limiter...

Last edited by tekki; 12-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Tech Wizard
    Long live the Noob Wizard

maybe try eqing the uneeded frequencies or some bass is making it smatch

Tech Mentor

Well i kinda solved my problem i put all my faders at about -6, compressed my drop and at the end put a mastering effect suit.
    Thanks guys for all the advise, i'll put my track online when it's finished !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234